Setting up Black Friday Deals
Black Friday is a global annual shopping event that attracts millions of discount-seeking travellers to our platform. Black Friday Deals help you take advantage of this surge in demand by offering guests attractive discounts during a short booking window. This deal is part of our seasonal efforts to increase your property’s visibility during Black Friday, putting you in the best position to boost your revenue.
What’s in this article
How Black Friday Deals work
We run Black Friday Deals as an annual global campaign around Black Friday. The booking window spans 17 November 2022 until 1 December 2022, giving you 10 days to capture demand. You can join by offering guests deep discounts on your room or unit rates for a limited time.
Due to their limited and deeply discounted nature, Black Friday Deals create excitement to book travel during this shopping period. But it also gives travellers a sense of flexibility and security thanks to its long stay window that runs from 17 November 2022 until 30 December 2023 inclusive – which is especially important now.
We use a 'Black Friday Deal' badge to make your property stand out to potential bookers. You'll also receive marketing support to maximise your property’s exposure across various customer channels, such as email, banners, landing pages and our own platform. Guests cannot stack this deal with other discounts such as the Genius discount.
Setting up Black Friday Deals
Follow these steps to set up Black Friday Deals:
- Log in to the extranet
- Click Promotions
- Click Choose new promotion
- Next to Black Friday Deals, click Add promotion
- Check the details of the deal, then click Review your promotion
- Select Activate to finalise
Read this article if you’d like to learn more about setting up deals and promotions.
Your Rates & Availability
- Syncing your Booking.com calendar to third-party calendars
- Configuring auto-replenishment on closed rooms and units
- Copying your yearly rates to next year
- How can I update my rates and availability?
- How can I update my availability?
- Updating your rates and availability
- Pausing your listing temporarily
- Supporting refugees from Ukraine
- Setting up dormitory rooms
- Setting up ‘No arrivals’ and ‘No departures’ restrictions
- How can I set or update room rates for different occupancies?
- Changing a room or unit name
- How to add, open, close and delete rooms or units
- Changing a room or unit type
- Setting up derived pricing
- How can I set up rate level occupancy?
- How can I add a rate to one or more room types?
- Changing the maximum guest occupancy for individual rooms or units
- Changing room amenities
- Setting up and updating pricing per guest
- Setting up or changing room rates
- Upselling your rooms
- Combining discounts from different rate plans and promotions
- Setting up deals and promotions
- Adding and editing meal plan information
- Setting up a Secret Deal
- Setting up a Non-Refundable Rate
- Setting up a new rate plan
- Setting up Mobile Rates
- Creating meals packages for ryokans
- Adding or updating an existing policy to Flexible - 1 Day
- Activating the Limited-time Deal
- Setting up Early Booker and Last-Minute Deals
- Setting up Weekly Rate Plans
- Setting up Country Rates
- Using the Genius free breakfast promotion
- Setting up a Basic Deal
- How can I set up a non-refundable rate?
- Changing dates for non-refundable bookings
- Setting up Flash Deals
- Setting up flexible children rates
- Setting up US State Rates
- Understanding the Getaway Deal
- Setting up Monthly Rate Plans
- Understanding Long Stay policies
- Setting up an Early Booker Rate Plan
- Setting up Early 2023 Deals
- Updates to date changes for non-refundable bookings
- Flexible children rates – per-child pricing explained
- Using your availability, rate plans and policies to increase bookings
- Setting up a protected rate
- Late Escape Deal promotion
- Everything you need to know about the New Property Deal
- Setting up Black Friday Deals