Setting up deals and discounts
Promos and discounts are an effective tool to capture demand, increase bookings and enhance your pricing strategy. Booking.com offers a number of proactive and reactive promos and discounts that can help you achieve your business goals and boost your occupancy when and where you need it most to attract more customers. Depending on your business needs, you can create and customise different types of deals or discounts in the extranet or on the Pulse app.
What’s in this article:
Our deals and promotions
The Early Booker Deal helps you attract potential guests who prefer to book ahead. This helps secure bookings well in advance of the peak seasons. Learn more about the Early Booker Deal.
Last-Minute Deals help you boost occupancy throughout the season by attracting guests who want to travel at short notice. Read more about the Last-Minute Deal.
A Secret Deal is an exclusive member-only promotion that’s available to travellers who have a Booking.com account or subscribe to our newsletter. It can be used to target a specific audience that’s more active and engaged on our platform than other users. Select ‘members and newsletter subscribers only’ as the audience when you’re setting up a Basic Deal, Early Booker Deal or Last-Minute Deal to activate it.
This is an easy way to temporarily improve your visibility via a ranking boost and quickly increase your occupancy. Take a look here for more information on the Limited-time Deal.
Basic Deal is a flexible deal that can be easily adapted to a your own pricing strategy and business needs. Choose the discount percentage, stay dates, minimum length, as well as stay book dates of your choice. The deals are available all the time and can be set up any time. Read more about setting up a Basic Deal.
Adding a deal or promotion
Follow these steps to add a deal or promotion in the extranet:
- Log in to the extranet
- Click Promotions then Click Choose new promotion
- Choose a deal and customise it, then click Set up promotion – you can also choose one of our ready-made campaigns
- Give your promotion or deal a name, then fill in the details
- Click on Review your promotion
- Click on Activate to finalise and set up the promotion
To see your new deal, click on Rates & Availability and then click on Calendar.
Follow these steps to set up the same deal or promotion for multiple properties. To do this, you will need to have a group extranet account.
- Log in to the group extranet
- Click Group Opportunity Centre
- Select the promotion you’d like to activate and click Add in bulk
- Review your new promotion
- Click on Edit to make changes or on Next to continue
- Select the properties, rooms and rates that the promotion should apply to, then click on Next
- Click on Apply to selected to finish the set-up
Removing or reactivating a deal or promotion
Once you remove a deal or promotion, it will no longer be available for travellers to book.
Follow these steps to remove a deal that you created in the Promotions section:
- Log in to the extranet
- Click Promotions
- Choose the deal you want to remove
- Click on Deactivate
Follow these steps to remove a deal you created in the Rate Plans section:
- Log in to the extranet
- Click on Rates & availability, then select Rate Plans
- Click Delete under the deal you wish to remove
Follow these steps to reactivate a deal or promotion after removing it:
- Log in to the extranet
- Click on Promotions
- Click Ended
- Choose the promotion you wish to reactivate
- Click Reactivate
To help you build a successful pricing strategy and maximise occupancy, we offer a Pricing Solutions Portfolio with various pricing products. The different pricing products are listed below.
- Foundations – your rate plans and rate plan customisations
- Proactive products – Genius programme, Preferred Partner Programme, Targeted rates and Campaign deals
- Reactive products – Portfolio deals and Deep deals
Discounts can be combined to guarantee the best possible price and generate more bookings for partners like you. Combined discounts can also deliver great results for conversion and occupancy. But there are restrictions on combining pricing products:
- Products in the same category can’t be combined.
- You can combine Genius with different Genius sub-products. However, as a pricing product itself, Genius combines with other pricing products regardless of the Genius offer you’ve set up.
- The Preferred Partner Programme is a pricing product that doesn’t change traveller-facing promotions or discounts. This means that it can’t be combined with other pricing products.
Each of our pricing products is designed to target a unique audience, which means not every potential guest will see every discount every time. When potential guests see multiple discounts that can be combined, we refer to it as ‘audience overlap’. If a potential guest is in overlapping audiences where discount deals can’t be combined, they’ll fall into the audience offering the highest discount.
Your Rates & Availability
- Syncing your Booking.com calendar to third-party calendars
- Configuring auto-replenishment on closed rooms and units
- Copying your yearly rates to next year
- How can I update my rates and availability?
- How can I update my availability?
- Updating your rates and availability
- Pausing your listing temporarily
- Supporting refugees from Ukraine
- Configuring auto-replenishment on closed rooms and units-1
- Syncing your Booking.com calendar to third-party calendars-1
- Setting up dormitory rooms
- Setting up ‘No arrivals’ and ‘No departures’ restrictions
- How can I set or update room rates for different occupancies?
- Changing a room or unit name
- How to add, open, close and delete rooms or units
- Changing a room or unit type
- Setting up derived pricing
- How can I set up rate level occupancy?
- How can I add a rate to one or more room types?
- Changing the maximum guest occupancy for individual rooms or units
- Changing room amenities
- Setting up and updating pricing per guest
- Setting up or changing room rates
- Upselling your rooms
- Combining discounts from different rate plans and promotions
- Setting up deals and discounts
- Adding and editing meal plan information
- Setting up a Secret Deal
- Setting up a Non-Refundable Rate
- Setting up a new rate plan
- Setting up Mobile Rates
- Creating meals packages for ryokans
- Adding or updating an existing policy to Flexible - 1 Day
- Activating the Limited-time Deal
- Setting up Early Booker and Last-Minute Deals
- Setting up Weekly Rate Plans
- Setting up Country Rates
- Using the Genius free breakfast promotion
- Setting up a Basic Deal
- How can I set up a non-refundable rate?
- Changing dates for non-refundable bookings
- Setting up Flash Deals
- Setting up flexible children rates
- Setting up US State Rates
- Understanding the Getaway Deal for partners
- Setting up Monthly Rate Plans
- Understanding Long Stay policies
- Setting up an Early Booker Rate Plan
- Setting up Early 2023 Deals
- Updates to date changes for non-refundable bookings
- Flexible children rates – per-child pricing explained
- Using your availability, rate plans and policies to increase bookings
- Setting up a protected rate
- Late Escape Deal promotion
- Everything you need to know about the New Property Deal
- Setting up Black Friday Deals