Setting up deals and promotions
Deals and promotions are a great way to attract customers and boost your bookings. When built into your pricing strategy, they give you the flexibility to offer discounts according to your business needs. You can create different types of promotions, such as the Free Nights Deal, Last-Minute Deal, Early Booker Deal, Basic Deal, Secret Deal, Black Friday Deal and Early 2022 Deal.
What’s in this article
Understanding our deals and promotions
Free Nights Deal: You can offer guests one or more free nights when they’ve booked a specific number of nights. You can choose how many paid nights a guest needs to book in order to receive the free night. This promotion helps you appeal to more potential guests and increase the length of stay at your property.
Last-Minute Deal: This promotion gives last-minute bookers an attractive discount. It helps you attract late-booking travellers throughout the season, and it can also give you a quick occupancy boost when you need it. We recommend that you set up Last-Minute Deals with a maximum booking window of seven days before check-in.
Early Booker Deal: This promotion helps you to attract travellers who are booking far ahead of time. It’s a great way to secure bookings well in advance of a busier season.
Secret Deal: This exclusive deal is only visible to guests who have a Booking.com account or subscribe to our newsletter. We use a ‘Secret Deal’ badge to help travellers identify this type of promotion on our platform. You have the option of setting up the Basic, Early Booker and Last-Minute Deals as Secret Deals.
Limited-time Deal: This is an easy way to temporarily improve your visibility and quickly increase your occupancy when you need to. You can activate the Limited-time Deal if you have a guest review score of 7 or higher, and when you do, we'll boost your ranking, so you appear at the top of the search results in your area.
Black Friday Deal: The Black Friday Deal takes advantage of a key moment when travellers search for great deals for their next holiday. You can join by offering guests attractive discounts for a limited time. We designed the Black Friday Deal to make your property stand out to potential bookers by showing a badge on your property page. You'll also get marketing support from us to maximise your property’s exposure across various channels.
Early 2022 Deal: The Early 2022 Deal runs from January until March of next year. It gives you a consistent calendar moment to secure early-season revenue by offering guests attractive prices at your property. We heavily promote Early 2022 Deals across multiple channels, including email and various points on our platform.
Adding a deal or promotion
You can set them up yourself in a few easy steps:
- Log in to the extranet and click on the Promotions tab
- Choose from one of our ready-made campaigns or create your own customised deal, and then click on Set up promotion
- Fill in the details of your promotion or deal, and give it a name if you want to
- Click on Review your promotion once you’ve filled everything in
- Click on Activate to finalise and set up the promotion
- After a few minutes, your new deal will show up on the Calendar & pricing page in the Rates & Availability section
Your new deal will be active for the dates you selected while setting it up. It will automatically copy the policies and restrictions from your standard rate. For example, if your standard room rate includes breakfast or is non-refundable, your new deal will be too. If you’d like to create a deal that doesn’t include a meal plan, the easiest way to do that is to edit your standard rate.
You can always see which deals you’re currently offering, and the dates when they’re available for travellers to book, by clicking on the Promotions tab.
Setting up the same deal for multiple properties
During peak or holiday seasons, you may want to apply the same deal for multiple properties or your entire property portfolio. To do this, you need to have an extranet group account. If you manage multiple properties and would like to set up a group extranet account, please contact us via your extranet inbox and we’ll help you do this.
If you have a group extranet account, here’s how to set up the same deal for multiple properties:
- Log in to the extranet for any of your properties
- Click on the Promotions tab and select Add new promotion
- Select the relevant promotion under Seasonal promotions, then click on Set up for multiple properties
- Review the settings for your new promotion, and click Edit to make changes or Next to continue
- Select the properties, rooms and rates that the promotion should apply to, then click on Next
- Click on Apply to selected to finalise the set-up
Removing a deal or promotion
If you created a deal in the Promotions tab, here’s how to remove it:
- Log in to the extranet
- Click on the Promotions tab
- Choose the deal you want to remove and click on Deactivate
If you created a deal in the Rate Plans tab, here’s how to remove it:
- Log in to the extranet
- Click on the Rates & Availability tab and then click on Rate plans
- Click on ‘Delete’ below the deal you want to remove
Once you remove a deal or promotion, it will no longer be available for travellers to book, but you’ll still be able to see it in the extranet. If you want to start offering it again, click on Inactive promotions and then click on Reactivate next to it.
Your Rates & Availability
- Syncing your Booking.com calendar to third-party calendars
- Configuring auto-replenishment on closed rooms and units
- Copying your yearly rates to next year
- How can I update my rates and availability?
- How can I update my availability?
- Updating your rates and availability
- Pausing your listing temporarily
- Supporting refugees from Ukraine
- Setting up dormitory rooms
- Setting up ‘No arrivals’ and ‘No departures’ restrictions
- How can I set or update room rates for different occupancies?
- Changing a room or unit name
- How to add, open, close and delete rooms or units
- Changing a room or unit type
- Setting up derived pricing
- How can I set up rate level occupancy?
- How can I add a rate to one or more room types?
- Changing the maximum guest occupancy for individual rooms or units
- Changing room facilities
- Setting up and updating pricing per guest
- Adding or editing rates for rooms and units
- Upselling your rooms
- Combining discounts from different rate plans and promotions
- Setting up deals and promotions
- Adding and editing meal plan information
- Setting up a Secret Deal
- Setting up a Non-Refundable Rate
- Setting up a new rate plan
- Setting up Mobile Rates
- Creating meals packages for ryokans
- Adding or updating an existing policy to Flexible - 1 Day
- Activating the Limited-time Deal
- Setting up Early Booker and Last-Minute Deals
- Setting up Weekly Rate Plans
- Setting up Country Rates
- Using the Genius free breakfast promotion
- Setting up a Basic Deal
- Changing dates for non-refundable bookings
- Setting up Flash Deals
- How to set up flexible children rates for your property
- Setting up US State Rates
- Understanding the Getaway Deal
- Setting up Monthly Rate Plans
- Understanding Long Stay policies
- Setting up an Early Booker Rate Plan
- Setting up Early 2022 Deals
- Updates to date changes for non-refundable bookings
- Flexible children rates – per-child pricing explained
- Using your availability, rate plans and policies to increase bookings
- Setting up a protected rate
- Late Escape Deal promotion