Setting up deals and promotions
Deals and promotions are a great way to attract customers and drive more bookings. You can create different kinds of promotions and deals such as: Free Nights Deal, Last-Minute Deal, Early Booker deal, Basic Deal and Secret Deal.
What’s in this article
Free Nights Deal: You can offer guests one or more free nights when they’ve booked a specific number of nights. You can choose how many paid nights a guest needs to book in order to receive the free night. This promotion helps you appeal to more potential guests and increase the length of stay at your property.
Last-Minute Deal: This promotion gives last-minute bookers an attractive discount. It helps you attract late-booking travellers throughout the season, and it can also give you a quick occupancy boost when you need it. We recommend that you set up Last-Minute Deals with a maximum booking window of seven days before check-in.
Early Booker deal: This promotion helps you to attract travellers who are booking far ahead of time. It’s a great way to get ahead by securing bookings well in advance of a busier season.
Basic Deal: These exclusive deals are only visible to people who have a Booking.com account or subscribe to our newsletter. We use a ‘Secret Deal’ badge to help travellers identify these promotions on our platform. You have the option of setting up the Basic, Early Booker and Last-Minute Deals as Secret Deals.
Travel Offer: These are seasonal promotions designed to attract guests using strategic discounts, which receive high visibility on multiple marketing platforms. We make different campaigns available at different times of the year, such as the Black Friday Sale and Early 2021 Deal. Minimum discounts vary depending on the country or region.
Limited-time Deal: This is an easy way to temporarily improve your visibility and quickly increase your occupancy when you need to. You can activate the Limited-time Deal if you have a guest review score of 7 or higher, and when you do we'll boost your ranking so you appear at the top of the search results in your area.
You can set them up yourself in a few easy steps:
- Log in to the extranet and click on the Promotions tab
- Choose from one of our ready-made campaigns or create your own customised deal, and then click on Set up promotion
- Fill in the details of your promotion or deal, and give it a name if you want to
- Click on Review your promotion once you’ve filled everything in
- Click on Activate to finalise and set up the promotion
- After a few minutes, your new deal will show up on the Calendar & pricing page in the Rates & Availability section
Your new deal will be active for the dates you selected while setting it up. It will automatically copy the policies and restrictions from your standard rate. For example, if your standard room rate includes breakfast or is non-refundable, your new deal will be too. If you’d like to create a deal that doesn’t include a meal plan, the easiest way to do that is to edit your standard rate.
You can always see which deals you’re currently offering, and the dates when they’re available for travellers to book, by clicking on the Promotions tab.
During peak or holiday seasons, you may want to apply the same deal for multiple properties or your entire property portfolio. To do this, you need to have an extranet group account. If you manage multiple properties and would like to set up a group extranet account, please contact us via your extranet inbox and we’ll help you do this.
If you have a group extranet account, here’s how to set up the same deal for multiple properties:
- Log in to the extranet for any of your properties
- Click on the Promotions tab in any of your properties’ the extranets and select Add new promotion
- Select the relevant promotion under Seasonal promotions, then click on Set up for multiple properties
- Review the settings for your new promotion, and click Edit to make changes or Next to continue
- Select the properties, rooms and rates that the promotion should apply to, then click on Next
- Click on Apply to selected to finalise the set-up
If you created a deal in the Promotions tab, here’s how to remove it:
- Log in to the extranet
- Click on the Promotions tab
- Choose the deal you want to remove and click on Deactivate
If you created a deal in the Rate Plans tab, here’s how to remove it:
- Log in to the extranet
- Click on the Rates & Availability tab and then click on Rate plans
- Click on ‘Delete’ below the deal you want to remove
Once you remove a deal or promotion, it will no longer be available for travellers to book but you’ll still be able to see it in the extranet. If you want to start offering it again, click on Inactive promotions and then click on Reactivate next to it.
Your Rates & Availability