Setting up Weekly Rate Plans
You can use Weekly Rate Plans to make the most of the increased demand we’re seeing for longer stays. This also offers you the opportunity to expand your customer base to include groups like business travellers, families and domestic guests looking to stay longer.
To find out more about offering rates for longer stays, take a look at this Solutions page.
What’s in this article
Understanding Weekly Rate Plans
To stand out to travellers who are looking to stay longer, you can create a new Rate Plan that offers a discount on your cheapest daily rate. Potential guests who search for stays of seven nights or longer will be able to see and book your new discounted rates.
Just like with other Rate Plans, you can customise the details of your Weekly Rate Plan, including:
- The cancellation policy
- Any meal plans that are included
- Which dates the rates are available for
- The discount amount
- The rooms or units the Rate Plan applies to
Keep in mind that the maximum length of stay travellers can book varies by region. To change the maximum length of stay that you offer, take a look at this article. There may also be laws and regulations that affect longer stays in your region, and you can find out more in this article.
Setting up a Weekly Rate Plan
You can set up a Weekly Rate Plan by following these steps:
- Log in to the extranet
- Click on Rates & Availability and then click on Rate plans
- Click on Add new rate plan
- Choose Weekly and then click on Add rate plan
- On the next page, set up the details of your Rate Plan and then click on Review
- Click on Activate rate plan
If you work with a Connectivity provider, you can also set rates and discounts for longer stays on their platform. To find out more about this, take a look at this article.
Your Rates & Availability
- Setting up dormitory rooms
- How can I set or update room rates for different occupancies?
- Changing a room or unit name
- Making changes to rooms or units
- Setting up derived pricing
- How can I set up rate level occupancy?
- How can I add a rate to one or more room types?
- Changing the maximum guest occupancy for individual rooms or units
- Setting up and updating pricing per guest
- Setting up or changing room rates
- Upselling your rooms
- Setting up deals and discounts
- Adding and editing meal plan information
- Setting up a Non-Refundable Rate
- Setting up a new rate plan
- Setting up standard children rates
- Setting up Mobile Rates
- Creating meals packages for ryokans
- Adding or updating an existing policy to Flexible - 1 Day
- Activating the Limited-time Deal
- Setting up Early Booker and Last-Minute Deals
- Setting up Weekly Rate Plans
- Setting up Country Rates
- Using the Genius free breakfast promotion
- Setting up a Basic Deal
- Changing dates for non-refundable bookings
- Setting up Flash Deals
- Setting up flexible children rates
- Setting up US State Rates
- Understanding the Getaway Deal for partners
- Setting up Monthly Rate Plans
- Understanding Long Stay policies
- Setting up an Early Booker Rate Plan
- Flexible children rates – per-child pricing explained
- Using your availability, rate plans and policies to increase bookings
- Everything you need to know about the New Property Deal
- Setting up value adds
- Understanding Booking Sponsored Benefit
- Late Escape Deal
- Super Saver Deal: FAQ