Using the Genius free breakfast promotion
As a Genius partner, you have access to promotions that optimise your visibility to select audiences, such as the free breakfast opportunity. Our research shows that free breakfast is the second most popular facility (after free wifi) when it comes to influencing the decision to book.
Applying this promotion to your rooms or units helps you stand out to higher-level Genius members – who are more frequent bookers and more likely to book a Genius property – and can increase bookings and improve guest satisfaction
What’s in this article
Displaying the promotion with room-only rates
If you offer room-only rates, we’ll show Genius Level 2 and 3 travellers your room-only rate with free breakfast included. This offer won’t be visible to other travellers.
We still recommend that you add a breakfast price, so we can make sure the promotion is visible even if your room-only rate isn’t available.
Displaying the promotion with rates that include breakfast
If you don’t have room-only rates available, we’ll apply the promotion to your breakfast-included rate. You’ll need to set a breakfast price and we’ll deduct this from your breakfast-included rate – but we’ll never deduct more than 10% from your regular rate.
The discounted rate will be shown exclusively to Genius Level 2 and Level 3 travellers.
How to add a breakfast price
Adding a breakfast price won’t affect any free breakfast promotion you’re offering on your room-only rates. Here’s how to add it:
- Log in to the extranet
- Click on Property and then click on Facilities & services
- Select Yes under Meals
- Tick the box next to Breakfast
- Enter the price per person per day under Price through Booking.com
- Click on Save
How to activate the free breakfast promotion
If you already have Genius activated, it’s easy to set up the free breakfast promotion in the extranet. Follow these steps:
- Log in to the extranet
- Click on Opportunities and then click on Genius partner programme
- Click Value-adds and then click on Free breakfast
- Select the rooms you want to offer the promotion on
- Set the breakfast price – if you have already set your price, this will be filled in automatically
- You can also pause the offer for a specific period of time in Advanced settings
- Save by clicking Activate promotion
Tracking and managing your promotion
You can track the performance of your free breakfast promotion in the extranet. You’ll be able to see your upcoming and completed bookings made using the promotion, as well as edit the promotion set-up.
You can also select the dates you want the free breakfast promotion to be available for in the calendar.
Your Rates & Availability
- Syncing your Booking.com calendar to third-party calendars
- Configuring auto-replenishment on closed rooms and units
- Copying your yearly rates to next year
- How can I update my rates and availability?
- How can I update my availability?
- Updating your rates and availability
- Pausing your listing temporarily
- Supporting refugees from Ukraine
- Configuring auto-replenishment on closed rooms and units-1
- Syncing your Booking.com calendar to third-party calendars-1
- Setting up dormitory rooms
- Setting up ‘No arrivals’ and ‘No departures’ restrictions
- How can I set or update room rates for different occupancies?
- Changing a room or unit name
- How to add, open, close and delete rooms or units
- Changing a room or unit type
- Setting up derived pricing
- How can I set up rate level occupancy?
- How can I add a rate to one or more room types?
- Changing the maximum guest occupancy for individual rooms or units
- Changing room amenities
- Setting up and updating pricing per guest
- Setting up or changing room rates
- Upselling your rooms
- Combining discounts from different rate plans and promotions
- Setting up deals and discounts
- Adding and editing meal plan information
- Setting up a Secret Deal
- Setting up a Non-Refundable Rate
- Setting up a new rate plan
- Setting up Mobile Rates
- Creating meals packages for ryokans
- Adding or updating an existing policy to Flexible - 1 Day
- Activating the Limited-time Deal
- Setting up Early Booker and Last-Minute Deals
- Setting up Weekly Rate Plans
- Setting up Country Rates
- Using the Genius free breakfast promotion
- Setting up a Basic Deal
- How can I set up a non-refundable rate?
- Changing dates for non-refundable bookings
- Setting up Flash Deals
- Setting up flexible children rates
- Setting up US State Rates
- Understanding the Getaway Deal for partners
- Setting up Monthly Rate Plans
- Understanding Long Stay policies
- Setting up an Early Booker Rate Plan
- Setting up Early 2023 Deals
- Updates to date changes for non-refundable bookings
- Flexible children rates – per-child pricing explained
- Using your availability, rate plans and policies to increase bookings
- Setting up a protected rate
- Late Escape Deal promotion
- Everything you need to know about the New Property Deal
- Setting up Black Friday Deals