Changing a room or unit name
You can request to update a room or unit to one from our list of standard room and unit names.
Standard room and unit names help keep information clear and consistent for guests across our platform – and in all 43 languages we offer. Research shows that standard room and unit names also help to generate more bookings. You can still describe any additional features and special details in the room or unit and property descriptions.
What’s in this article
How to change a room or unit name
To update a room unit name, follow these steps:
- Log in to the extranet
- Click on Property and then click on either Property layout or Room details
- Click on Edit under the room or unit you’d like to change
- Under Room type, select the type of room or unit that this is
- Under Room name, select the standard room or unit name that matches best
- Under Custom name, enter a name for this room or unit for your reference
- Click on Continue
If you want to change the name of a room or unit that has upcoming bookings, please contact us via your extranet inbox. When you send us a message, select Property details as the topic and Room details as the subtopic.
Keep in mind that updating the room or unit type will affect any future reservations. Check the Rates & Availability section in the extranet to make sure this information is correct.
How we display custom room and unit names
You can create custom names for personal reference and to help you manage your rooms, units and reservations. Only you can see your custom names in the extranet – travellers don’t see these on our platform.
Your Rates & Availability
- Syncing your Booking.com calendar to third-party calendars
- Configuring auto-replenishment on closed rooms and units
- Copying your yearly rates to next year
- How can I update my rates and availability?
- How can I update my availability?
- Updating your rates and availability
- Pausing your listing temporarily
- Supporting refugees from Ukraine
- Setting up dormitory rooms
- Setting up ‘No arrivals’ and ‘No departures’ restrictions
- How can I set or update room rates for different occupancies?
- Changing a room or unit name
- How to add, open, close and delete rooms or units
- Changing a room or unit type
- Setting up derived pricing
- How can I set up rate level occupancy?
- How can I add a rate to one or more room types?
- Changing the maximum guest occupancy for individual rooms or units
- Changing room amenities
- Setting up and updating pricing per guest
- Setting up or changing room rates
- Upselling your rooms
- Combining discounts from different rate plans and promotions
- Setting up deals and promotions
- Adding and editing meal plan information
- Setting up a Secret Deal
- Setting up a Non-Refundable Rate
- Setting up a new rate plan
- Setting up Mobile Rates
- Creating meals packages for ryokans
- Adding or updating an existing policy to Flexible - 1 Day
- Activating the Limited-time Deal
- Setting up Early Booker and Last-Minute Deals
- Setting up Weekly Rate Plans
- Setting up Country Rates
- Using the Genius free breakfast promotion
- Setting up a Basic Deal
- How can I set up a non-refundable rate?
- Changing dates for non-refundable bookings
- Setting up Flash Deals
- Setting up flexible children rates
- Setting up US State Rates
- Understanding the Getaway Deal
- Setting up Monthly Rate Plans
- Understanding Long Stay policies
- Setting up an Early Booker Rate Plan
- Setting up Early 2023 Deals
- Updates to date changes for non-refundable bookings
- Flexible children rates – per-child pricing explained
- Using your availability, rate plans and policies to increase bookings
- Setting up a protected rate
- Late Escape Deal promotion
- Everything you need to know about the New Property Deal
- Setting up Black Friday Deals