How can I set up a dormitory room for private bookings?
Note: This article explains how to set up a dormitory room that a guest can book privately, in its entirety. If you want to know how to set up individually bookable beds in a dormitory room, read this article.
- Click on the ‘Property' tab in the extranet and select ‘Room Details’.
- Click on ‘Create a new room’.
- Under ‘Room type’, select ‘Dormitory room’ from the drop-down menu. A grey banner will appear, stating: ‘Dormitory Room: Guests can book an entire private room with beds’.
- Under ‘Room name’, select the type of dormitory you’d like to sell from the drop-down menu.
- Select the number of dormitories of that type that you want to sell.
- Under ‘Bed options’, select the maximum number of guests that can sleep in the room.
- Under ‘What kind of beds are available in this room?’, select the bed types and number of each bed type available in the room.*
- Click on ‘Continue’ to finalise and create the dormitory room.
Once the privately bookable dormitory room is created, it can take a few hours (max. 48 hours) for it to show publicly on Booking.com.
* We consider a standard bunk bed to be suitable for sleeping 1 guest. If you have wider bunk beds that sleep 2 guests, select ‘double bed’ from the drop-down menu. ‘Double bunk bed’ is not an option in the extranet.
Your Rates & Availability