Sometimes, you might not be able to check your guests out in person. If you want to close your property/rooms on days when you’re unable to check guests out, you can set up a ‘No departures’ restriction. Once you’ve set this restriction, your property will only appear in search results when the guests’ search dates match your conditions.
If you’ve set up a ‘No departures’ restriction, guests won’t be able to book a stay that ends on the dates you’ve selected, but they can still book if those days fall within a wider date range.
For example, if you set a ‘No departures’ restriction for a room/property on 24 November:Guests won’t be able to book that room/property for 21-24 November because they can’t check out on 24 November.Guests will be able to book that room/property for 21-26 November because they check out on a day that doesn’t have a ‘No departures’ restriction.
How you set up a ‘No departures’ restriction depends on which calendar view you use. Check the screenshots below to see which one matches the calendar in your extranet, then follow the corresponding steps.
If you’re using the List view calendar, follow these steps to set up a ‘No departures’ restriction:
- Log in to the extranet and click on 'Calendar' under your ‘Rates & Availability’ or ‘Calendar & Pricing’ tab.
- Make sure you’re using the ‘List view’ option, not ‘Monthly view’ or ‘Yearly view’. You can check this on the right-hand side of the page.
- Next to the date selector, you’ll see a small square with ‘Restrictions’ next to it. This square is a filter. Click on it to display all your restrictions for your rooms.
- In the menu, look for ‘No departures’. Then click on the box next to the restriction you’d like to select.
- In the pop-up that appears, select ‘Activate’ and then click on ‘Save’ to activate your restriction for that date.
- To make changes for multiple days at once, click on a cell and drag the blue circles in the corner of the cell to the left or right to cover the days you’d like to apply the restriction to. In the pop-up that appears select ‘Activate’ and then click on ‘Save’.
- To set these restrictions for more than a month ahead: click on the ‘Bulk edit’ button. A panel will appear on the right-hand side of your screen. Select the dates you want to change your restrictions for, then click on the ‘Restrictions’ box. Choose a rate and restriction and select ‘Activate’. Click on ‘Save changes’ when you’re done.
If you’re using the monthly calendar and you want to set up a ‘No departure’ restriction for a specific date, follow these steps:
- Log in to the extranet and click on 'Calendar' under your ‘Calendar & Pricing’ tab.
- Select the date(s) for which you want to set up the ‘No departure’ restriction either by clicking and dragging to the right in the calendar itself or by selecting the dates on the top-right corner, next to the calendar.
- Then, make sure the date(s) you selected are open for bookings by clicking on ‘Open’ on the right-hand side of the calendar.
- To select the ‘No departure’ restriction, click on ‘Advance restrictions’ under ‘Minimum advance reservation’.
- Tick the box for ‘No Departures’ and make sure to click on the blue ‘Save’ button to confirm your changes.