Can I cancel a reservation?
When a guest makes a booking, their reservation is confirmed immediately. So it’s not possible to reject a reservation.
Depending on your policies, a guest may be able to cancel their reservation using a link in their confirmation email or via their Booking account. In some cases, you’re able to initiate a cancellation request if a guest asks you to do so, or if there are issues with guest payments. See below for more information.
Request by guest:
If the guest hasn’t shown up, mark the reservation as a ‘no-show’ in the extranet or on the Pulse app.
Invalid credit card:
For information on what to do when the guest has an invalid credit card, please read this article.
No deposit/pre-payment received:
If you have not received these as expected, you can find out more about the actions you need to take in this article.
- Setting guest requirements for bookings
- How can I set up a ‘minimum advance reservation' and ‘maximum advance reservation’?
- How can I stop guests from booking and arriving on the same day?
- How can I set up a minimum or maximum length of stay restriction?
- What kind of reservation restrictions can I set up?
- How do I set up minimum and maximum advance reservations?
- How can I stop guests from booking reservations and arriving on the same day?
- Setting up length of stay and advance reservation restrictions
- Setting up reservation restrictions
- Can I cancel reservations using Pulse?
- If a guest asks me to cancel a reservation, what action can I take using Pulse?
- If a guest asks me to cancel a reservation, what action should I take in the extranet?
- Can I cancel a reservation?
- Handling cancellation fees and commission
- Temporary changes to help you manage Date Modifications
- Modifying reservations before check-in
- What’s the ‘Right of Regret’ in Brazil?
- Modifying reservation dates after check-in