Changing a guest's reservation dates during Force Majeure
As a result of the official government travel advice on Coronavirus (COVID-19), we declared Force Majeure (FM) in early 2020 for impacted countries and reservations. FM also covers individual cases where restrictions prevent guests from travelling to or staying at their booked accommodation. This is in accordance with the applicable General Delivery Terms.
Read this article for more information on how we applied FM.
What’s in this article
How guests can change non-refundable reservations
Whenever FM is declared, guests have the right to cancel their bookings free of charge. To make this process easier for partners, we’ve developed a new feature that allows guests to both cancel their reservations and change their check-in and check-out dates for non-refundable reservations if FM conditions apply.
This feature doesn’t require any action from partners. However, to help make the process efficient we advise partners to add calendar availability for at least the next 12 months so guests are able to choose new stay dates without having to contact properties directly.
Conditions for rebooking
This feature is available to guests who:
- Are unable to travel to or stay at accommodations located in areas where we've declared Force Majeure
- Have non-refundable reservations with check-in dates that have not yet passed
- Are rebooking their reservation for the same or a longer length of stay
If the new reservation price is the same or higher than the original reservation, it will be automatically confirmed. If the new reservation price is lower than the original, or if the guest’s selected dates aren’t available, the guest will be asked to message the property directly to find a solution.
When rebooking, guests will not be able to change the following details:
- Included services, such as breakfast
- Cancellation policies
- Payment methods
- Setting up minimum length of stay and minimum advance reservation restrictions using Pulse
- Setting guest requirements for bookings
- How can I set up a ‘minimum advance reservation' and ‘maximum advance reservation’?
- How can I stop guests from booking and arriving on the same day?
- How can I set up a minimum or maximum length of stay restriction?
- What kind of reservation restrictions can I set up?
- How do I set up minimum and maximum advance reservations?
- How can I stop guests from booking reservations and arriving on the same day?
- How can I set up minimum or maximum length of stay restrictions?
- Setting up reservation restrictions
- How can I set up a minimum or maximum length of stay from arrival?
- Can I cancel reservations using Pulse?
- If a guest asks me to cancel a reservation, what action can I take using Pulse?
- If a guest asks me to cancel a reservation, what action should I take in the extranet?
- Can I cancel a reservation?
- Handling cancellation fees and commission
- Temporary changes to help you manage Date Modifications
- Changing a guest's reservation dates during Force Majeure
- Guest incentives to rebook the same property after COVID-19 cancellations
- What’s the ‘Right of Regret’ in Brazil?