Feature that allows guests to change dates during Force Majeure
The safety of our partners and guests is of utmost importance. As a result of the official travel advice received from Government organisations about the coronavirus disease (COVID-19), we have declared Force Majeure (FM) for impacted countries and reservations. FM also covers individual cases where restrictions make it impossible, illegal or prevent guests from travelling to or staying at the accommodation (in accordance with the applicable General Delivery Terms).
What is happening?
To support partners, we’ve developed a new feature that allows guests to not only cancel their reservations but also change their stay dates for non-refundable reservations if FM conditions apply to their bookings.
What does this mean for partners?
As part of FM procedures, guests have the option to cancel their bookings free of charge in all situations where Force Majeure has been declared. Starting now, we will allow eligible guests to change the check-in and check-out dates of their non-refundable reservations. This is processed via Booking.com, and partners do not need to complete any action.
However, in order to streamline and automate this process as much as possible, we urge affected partners to expand their calendar availability so that guests will be able to choose new stay dates without the need to contact partners directly.
Which guests are eligible?
Eligible guests are those who:
1) are unable to travel or stay at accommodations located in areas that are severely affected and where we've declared Force Majeure,
2) and have non-refundable reservations,
3) with check-in dates that have not yet passed,
4) and where the total duration of the adjusted reservation is the same or greater than the original reservation.
Note that all the criteria above must be met in order for guests to be eligible.
Does this change reservation conditions?
In situations where, following date changes, the reservation price is the same or greater than the already existing reservation, the partner and guest alike receive an automatic confirmation of the booking being moved into the future.
No changes will be made to the reservation in terms of:
- Included services (such as breakfast)
- Cancellation policies
- Payment methods
However, in situations where the reservation price for the changed dates is lower than the existing reservation, or the partner has no availability during the dates selected by the guest, the guest will be immediately prompted to contact the partner through Booking.com messaging systems. From there, they will be able to discuss and - where possible - agree on new reservation dates.
How can I prepare for this?
We strongly recommend that all affected accommodations revisit their calendar and update their availability for a minimum of 12 months in advance to allow guests to change their reservation dates.
- All you need to know about a double booking
- What information about reservations can I see in the extranet?
- What information about reservations can I see on the Pulse app?
- Where can I print a reservation?
- Can I make changes to a reservation?
- Can I reject a reservation?
- Free taxi promotion provided by Booking.com
- Setting up minimum length of stay and minimum advance reservation restrictions using Pulse
- How can I set up a ‘minimum advance reservation' and ‘maximum advance reservation’?
- How can I stop guests from booking and arriving on the same day?
- How can I set up a minimum or maximum length of stay restriction?
- What kind of reservation restrictions can I set up?
- How do I set up minimum and maximum advance reservations?
- How can I stop guests from booking reservations and arriving on the same day?
- How can I set up a minimum or maximum length of stay restrictions?
- What kind of reservation restrictions can I set up?
- How can I set up a minimum or maximum length of stay from arrival?
- Can I cancel reservations using Pulse?
- If a guest asks me to cancel a reservation, what action can I take using Pulse?
- If a guest asks me to cancel a reservation, what action should I take in the extranet?
- Can I cancel a reservation?
- If I choose to waive cancellation fees, how can I do this?
- How can I immediately reopen rooms to resell them after certain cancellations?
- How do I set up and work with cancellation policies?
- Temporary changes to help you manage Date Modifications
- Feature that allows guests to change dates during Force Majeure
- How can I request a date modification for any reservation?
- Guest incentives to rebook the same property after COVID-19 cancellations
- What’s the ‘Right of Regret’ in Brazil?
- What is the Reply score?
- Does Booking.com have access to the messages I send to guests?
- Why does the guest's email address end with '@guest.booking.com'?
- Can I ask the guest for their arrival time?
- 4 tips for seamless pre-stay communication with guests
- I can't get in touch with the guest. What should I do?
- How can I translate guest messages into my own language?
- How can I send message templates to guests automatically and share important information?
- How do I set up message templates to save time communicating with guests?
- What are automatic replies and how do I add message templates to them?
- Where can I see the messages between me and a particular guest?
- How can I get in touch with a guest via the extranet?
- How can I use Google Translate to improve communication with guests?