Guest incentives to rebook the same property after COVID-19 cancellations
Highlight: For guests in areas with eased travel restrictions, Booking.com is offering an incentive to rebook a non-refundable or partially non-refundable reservation that had been cancelled due to Force Majeure. Booking.com will also waive any commission on these bookings.
Since the start of 2020, we’ve witnessed unprecedented increases in cancellation rates due to the Coronavirus. But with signs of travel picking up again, it’s time to start rebuilding. And rebuilding together means directing emerging travel demand to your property, as well as helping you re-capture any demand you’ve lost. To do this, we’ve launched the Rebook programme.
What’s this programme about?
Though plans might have to change, we want to encourage guests to postpone rather than cancel. That’s why – following Coronavirus-related cancellations and whenever possible – Booking.com will fund incentives for guests to rebook the same partner property.
Guests that cancelled non-refundable or partially non-refundable bookings during Force Majeure conditions will receive an email invitation to rebook the same property when travel restrictions ease – with a 15% cash-back incentive on the rebooking price.
This 15% cash-back is valid irrespective of other discounts that guests might receive, such as Genius or other types of partner-initiated promotions, and is capped at a maximum of 100 euros per reservation. The incentive will be deposited in guests’ Booking Wallet after the stay is completed.
For all reservations booked with this promotion, Booking.com will waive commission.
How will guests receive the discount?
Eligible guests in areas that have eased travel restrictions will receive a one-time promotional code via email that will allow them to benefit from the incentive. The guest must not have already rebooked the same partner prior to receiving their code, and they must be subscribed to receive marketing messaging from Booking.com in order to receive it.
To ensure that guests can find available dates to rebook their stay, partners must have available room(s) or unit(s)* to book for at least 30 days between 22 July 2020 and 31 December 2020.
* applicable, for example, to partners that only have one room/apartment - also known as a ‘unit’.
The initial reservation must have been: - non-refundable or partially refundable - cancelled under Force Majeure - made before 6 April 2020
The incentive is valid for eligible, new bookings made until 31 December 2020 with a check-out date before or on 30 April 2021.
How will the commission waiver be applied?
The savings from commission-free bookings will be issued after each monthly invoice (if applicable) and will be visible when credit notes are issued. These can be found in the extranet, in the ‘Invoices’ subsection under the ‘Finance’ tab.
These credit notes are generated automatically – partners do not have to do anything to receive them. For example, for any reservation received today (irrespective of the day of the month), invoices are generated between the 3rd and 10th of the following month.
- All you need to know about a double booking
- What information about reservations can I see in the extranet?
- What information about reservations can I see on the Pulse app?
- Where can I print a reservation?
- Can I make changes to a reservation?
- Can I reject a reservation?
- Free taxi promotion provided by Booking.com
- Setting up minimum length of stay and minimum advance reservation restrictions using Pulse
- How can I set up a ‘minimum advance reservation' and ‘maximum advance reservation’?
- How can I stop guests from booking and arriving on the same day?
- How can I set up a minimum or maximum length of stay restriction?
- What kind of reservation restrictions can I set up?
- How do I set up minimum and maximum advance reservations?
- How can I stop guests from booking reservations and arriving on the same day?
- How can I set up a minimum or maximum length of stay restrictions?
- What kind of reservation restrictions can I set up?
- How can I set up a minimum or maximum length of stay from arrival?
- Can I cancel reservations using Pulse?
- If a guest asks me to cancel a reservation, what action can I take using Pulse?
- If a guest asks me to cancel a reservation, what action should I take in the extranet?
- Can I cancel a reservation?
- If I choose to waive cancellation fees, how can I do this?
- How can I immediately reopen rooms to resell them after certain cancellations?
- How do I set up and work with cancellation policies?
- Temporary changes to help you manage Date Modifications
- Feature that allows guests to change dates during Force Majeure
- How can I request a date modification for any reservation?
- Guest incentives to rebook the same property after COVID-19 cancellations
- What’s the ‘Right of Regret’ in Brazil?
- What is the Reply score?
- Does Booking.com have access to the messages I send to guests?
- Why does the guest's email address end with '@guest.booking.com'?
- Can I ask the guest for their arrival time?
- 4 tips for seamless pre-stay communication with guests
- I can't get in touch with the guest. What should I do?
- How can I translate guest messages into my own language?
- How can I send message templates to guests automatically and share important information?
- How do I set up message templates to save time communicating with guests?
- What are automatic replies and how do I add message templates to them?
- Where can I see the messages between me and a particular guest?
- How can I get in touch with a guest via the extranet?
- How can I use Google Translate to improve communication with guests?