Modifying reservation dates after check-in
It’s possible to change reservation dates and modify things like price and length of stay after a guest has checked in. You can do this via the extranet or Pulse app for all reservations except risk-free ones and reservations on Payments by Booking.com. There are several conditions for changing reservation dates in the post-check-in stage. Find out more about these conditions below and see how to change reservation dates as well as pricing.
What’s in this article:
Conditions for changing reservation dates
You can change reservation dates from the moment a guest has checked in. It’s possible to update multiple reservation dates in a row, but each new modification can only be done from the date of the check in.
- Payment wasn’t managed by Payments by Booking.com
- The reservation isn’t marked as an overbooking
- The reservation wasn’t cancelled
- You can change the check-in date to a date prior to the initial check-in date
- The price can be changed manually
How to change reservation dates after check-in
You can change the date and price of a reservation after check-in without needing guest approval. Keep in mind that we don’t check your calendar for availability. You can select any date in your calendar, even if our system shows that there’s no availability.
Follow these steps to change a reservation date that has passed:
- Log in to the extranet or Pulse app
- Click on Reservations and select the reservation you want to modify
- Under Update this reservation, select Change reservation dates & prices
- Under Select new dates, add the new check-in and check-out dates
- Click on Check availability & change prices to manually enter the new reservation price, then click Next to continue
- Click on Save to finalise
- Setting guest requirements for bookings
- How can I set up a ‘minimum advance reservation' and ‘maximum advance reservation’?
- How can I stop guests from booking and arriving on the same day?
- How can I set up a minimum or maximum length of stay restriction?
- What kind of reservation restrictions can I set up?
- How do I set up minimum and maximum advance reservations?
- How can I stop guests from booking reservations and arriving on the same day?
- Setting up length of stay and advance reservation restrictions
- Setting up reservation restrictions
- Can I cancel reservations using Pulse?
- If a guest asks me to cancel a reservation, what action can I take using Pulse?
- If a guest asks me to cancel a reservation, what action should I take in the extranet?
- Can I cancel a reservation?
- Handling cancellation fees and commission
- Temporary changes to help you manage Date Modifications
- Modifying reservations before check-in
- What’s the ‘Right of Regret’ in Brazil?
- Modifying reservation dates after check-in