Messaging privacy on Booking.com
Partners and travellers use our platform every day to stay in contact with each other. Private messaging is a vital part of our service, making sure guests get the best experience and our accommodation partners stay up to date.
The privacy measures on our platform are designed to keep you and your guests’ information safe and prevent fraud.
What’s in this article
How we manage communication between you and your guest
Any use of our communication features on our platform will be securely stored and may be accessed by us. We aren't responsible for any communications between you and your guests, but we may occasionally need to access messages:
- For security and legal reasons, such as fraud detection and prevention
- If a guest or partner requests it
- To analyse messages to improve our service
- If our automated system to prevent spam detects any malicious content
If you feel any communication is inappropriate or suspicious, you can report it yourself by clicking on the link at the end of the message. Please note that our automated system limits the sending of certain file types, such as zip, .rar and .exe.
What are alias email addresses?
To protect both you and your guests’ privacy, we don’t share private email addresses. This helps us prevent spam, viruses and third-party misconduct.
For each reservation, we provide both you and your guest with anonymous alias email addresses. For guests, these end ‘@guest.booking.com’. All messages will be forwarded, including links, images and attachments up to 15 MB.
Can I contact guests if I don’t want to use messages?
If you don't want us to store or potentially monitor your messages, you can opt out of using our communication features. Do bear in mind that you won’t be able to contact guests via our platform and this also includes the use of alias email addresses.
- Setting guest requirements for bookings
- How can I set up a ‘minimum advance reservation' and ‘maximum advance reservation’?
- How can I stop guests from booking and arriving on the same day?
- How can I set up a minimum or maximum length of stay restriction?
- What kind of reservation restrictions can I set up?
- How do I set up minimum and maximum advance reservations?
- How can I stop guests from booking reservations and arriving on the same day?
- Setting up length of stay and advance reservation restrictions
- Setting up reservation restrictions
- Can I cancel reservations using Pulse?
- If a guest asks me to cancel a reservation, what action can I take using Pulse?
- If a guest asks me to cancel a reservation, what action should I take in the extranet?
- Can I cancel a reservation?
- Handling cancellation fees and commission
- Temporary changes to help you manage Date Modifications
- Modifying reservations before check-in
- Guest incentives to rebook the same property after COVID-19 cancellations
- What’s the ‘Right of Regret’ in Brazil?
- Modifying reservation dates after check-in