How can I set up a minimum or maximum length of stay restrictions?
Restrictions allow you to ensure you get the bookings you want. Minimum and maximum length of stay restrictions are a way of making sure your guests can’t book for fewer (or more) days than you’d like, according to your property’s policies.
If you apply restrictions for certain dates, rooms and/or rate plans, guests can only book your room or property when their search criteria meet the conditions you have set. For instance, if you have applied a minimum length of stay restriction of three days, your property simply won’t appear in the search results of guests that are looking for two-night stays. If you want to ensure maximum visibility to potential guests, be sure to minimise the number of restrictions you have in place.
We’ve made it very easy for you to add, change or remove your restrictions. You’ll see different options below. Check which of the screenshots matches what you see in the extranet, then follow the appropriate steps.
If you’re using the List view calendar, you can set the minimum or maximum length of stay by following these steps:
- Log in to the extranet and click on 'Calendar' under your ‘Rates & Availability’ tab or ‘Calendar & Pricing’.
- Next to the date selector, you’ll see a small square with ‘Restrictions’ next to it. This square is a filter. Click on it to display all your restrictions for your rooms.
- In the drop-down menu, look for ‘Minimum length of stay’ or ‘Maximum length of stay’. Then click on the box next to the restriction you’d like to select.
- Enter your minimum or maximum number of days that you’d like to apply to that room or unit. For example, if you want to set a minimum stay length of 3 days, you’d enter ‘3’ into the white box. Click on ‘Save’ when you’re done.
- To set these restrictions for multiple days, click on the white box next to the restriction and drag the blue circles that appear in the corner of the cell to the left or right. A pop-up will appear where you can add the number of days. Click on ‘Save’.
- To remove a ‘Minimum length of stay’ or ‘Maximum length of stay’ restriction for single days, you can simply click on the white box in which the minimum or maximum length of stay has been added (e.g. 3) and delete the number altogether. To remove a restriction from multiple days, you can highlight the days that have a restriction applied and a pop-up will appear. This will allow you to edit the minimum or maximum length of stay, or to remove it altogether. Once you have edited or removed, click ‘Save’.
- To set these restrictions for more than a month ahead: click on the ‘Bulk edit’ button beneath your room type or unit name. A panel will appear on the right-hand side of your screen. Select the dates you want to change your restrictions for, then click on the ‘Restrictions’ box. Choose a rate and restriction and enter the days or hours as usual in the white box below the restriction type. Click on ‘Save changes’ when you’re done.
- To remove restrictions in Bulk, follow the same process as step 7, and either delete the number written in the field or simply select the ‘Remove’ option. Click on ‘Save changes’ when you’re done.
If you are using the Monthly view calendar you can only set the minimum length of stay, you just need to follow the steps below:
- Under the ‘Rates & Availability’ tab, click on ‘Calendar’ (or the relevant room name).
- Click on a date (or dates).
- Under ‘Minimum length of stay’ on the right-hand side of the page, a drop-down menu will appear. Choose how many nights you would like your minimum stay length to be (up to 7 days).
- Click on ‘Save’ when you’re done.
- To remove ‘Minimum length of stay’ restrictions in your Monthly view calendar, simply select ‘1 night’ in the same dropdown menu as your minimum, so that guests see your listing when searching for 1-night stays (and beyond). Click ‘Save’.
Note: The maximum length of stay restriction is not currently available on Pulse or on the monthly view calendar.