Note:Depending on your property type, this feature may not be available yet. If not, follow these instructions on how to stop guests from booking instead.
There can be many reasons why you don’t want to receive same-day reservations – when a guest books and arrives on the same day. To avoid them, you can add a ‘Minimum advance reservation’ restriction to your rate plans. Once you set this up, your property will only appear in guests’ search results if their search criteria matches your condition(s).
You’ll see different options below. Check which of the screenshots matches what you see in the extranet, then follow the appropriate steps.
If you’re using the List view calendar, follow these steps to set up a ‘Minimum advance reservation’ restriction:
- Log on to the Extranet and click on 'Calendar' under your ‘Rates & Availability’ tab.
- Above the calendar, click on the white ‘Restrictions’ tick box to display all restriction options for your rooms.
- Under the appropriate date and room, click on a white cell opposite ‘Minimum advance reservation’. A pop-up will appear in which you can add a value.
- To avoid same-day reservations, enter ‘1D’ (i.e. one day) and click on ‘Save’.
- To set this restriction for multiple dates at once, click on a cell and drag the blue circles left or right to cover the days you’d like to apply the restriction to. Enter ‘1D’ and click on ‘Save’
- To set these restrictions for more than a month ahead: Click on the ‘Bulk edit’ button beneath your room type/unit name. A panel will appear on the right side of your screen. Select the dates you want to change your restrictions for, then click on the ‘Restrictions’ box. Choose a rate and restriction, and add a value in the white box below the selected restriction. Click on ‘Save changes’ when you’re done.
If you’re using the Monthly view calendar, follow these steps to set up a ‘Minimum advance reservation’ restriction:
- Under the ‘Rates & Availability’ tab, click on ‘Calendar’ (or the relevant room name).
- Click on a date, or select multiple dates by dragging the blue circles left or right.
- In the panel to the right of the calendar, click on ‘Restrictions’ under the relevant rate.
- Under ‘Minimum advance reservation’, choose '1 day' from the drop-down menu.
- Click ‘Save’ when you’re done