Reporting No-Shows and Cancellations
If a guest doesn’t show up for their booking and you choose to waive the fee, it's important to mark the reservation as a no-show and specify whether or not you were able to charge the guest so that you don't get charged commission in case you weren't able to charge the guest
What's in this article:
It’s easy to mark a reservation as a no-show in the extranet. Just take a look at the steps below:
- Click on the Reservations tab in the extranet and select a specific reservation number.
- Click on Mark as a no show on the right-hand side of the page.
- The reservation will be marked as cancelled, and both you and the guest will receive a confirmation email.
Note: The ‘Mark as a no show’ button is only available from 00:00 on the check-in date, for up to 48 hours (two business days) after the check-out date. After this point, you won’t be able to report a no-show.
You can also report no-shows on Pulse, just take a look at the steps below:
- Select the Bookings tab on Pulse.
- Find the reservation you would like to mark as a no-show. You can use the search bar at the top of the screen, or select the arrival date on the calendar and locate the reservation in the list below it.
- Select the appropriate reservation.
- Scroll to the bottom of the screen.
- Select the Mark as a no-show button.
- Select Yes from the pop-up options.
Even after a booking has been cancelled, it remains in our system and can’t be deleted. It’s useful to keep a record of this information, and to monitor the number of stayed and cancelled bookings you’re receiving. This will give you an overview of your property’s performance and show where you can improve.
For more information on how to better understand, prevent and reduce your cancellations you can click here.
Note: Whenever you charge guests for non-refundable or partially refundable no-shows or cancellations, you need to pay commission on such fees. Commission is not applicable in cases where you decide to waive cancellation fees, correctly mark the guest as a no-show or mark a credit card as invalid because you were unable to charge the guest.