Setting guest requirements for bookings
To make sure you receive real bookings from real people, it’s possible to set up specific requirements for guests making reservations. You can set up your property to only accept reservations from bookers with a verified phone number and/or home address.
What’s in this article
How to set up guest requirements
To give you more control over who can make bookings at your property, you can add additional guest requirements in the extranet by following a few simple steps.
- Log in to the extranet
- Under the Property tab, click on Policies
- Click on Edit under Guest information to select whether a guest needs to provide a phone number or home address in order to book
- Finalise your changes by clicking Save
Other guest requirements
We also have other restrictions in place to prevent fraudulent bookings. Travellers must provide a valid email address and depending on how they pay, also their credit card information. For guests who’ve previously booked accommodation on our platform, they must also have a good track record, for example have no reports against them or be banned from any properties.
- Setting guest requirements for bookings
- How can I set up a ‘minimum advance reservation' and ‘maximum advance reservation’?
- How can I stop guests from booking and arriving on the same day?
- How can I set up a minimum or maximum length of stay restriction?
- What kind of reservation restrictions can I set up?
- How do I set up minimum and maximum advance reservations?
- How can I stop guests from booking reservations and arriving on the same day?
- Setting up length of stay and advance reservation restrictions
- Setting up reservation restrictions
- Can I cancel reservations using Pulse?
- If a guest asks me to cancel a reservation, what action can I take using Pulse?
- If a guest asks me to cancel a reservation, what action should I take in the extranet?
- Can I cancel a reservation?
- Handling cancellation fees and commission
- Temporary changes to help you manage Date Modifications
- Modifying reservations before check-in
- Guest incentives to rebook the same property after COVID-19 cancellations
- What’s the ‘Right of Regret’ in Brazil?
- Modifying reservation dates after check-in