Temporary changes to help you manage Date Modifications
Due to the unprecedented level of disruption caused by the current travel restrictions, there has been a large increase in the number of cancellation requests and date modification requests (from those both affected and non-affected by Forced Circumstances).
Managing these requests has imposed a large workload on our partners, and as a result, we have decided to temporarily introduce the ability for partners to carry out pre-stay date modifications themselves - without having to contact our customer support team.
We hope these efforts will help you to preserve reservations, help guests keep their bookings and make the date change process a much easier one for you to manage at this difficult time.
How does it work?
- If a guest contacts you to request to cancel or modify a booking, you will now have the option to process a date modification for them.
- To modify the dates of a booking, sign in to the Extranet, navigate to the reservation details page of the booking you want to modify, and click “Change Reservation Dates” in the right-hand corner. Note: If you have no availability set in your calendar for the future dates, we’ll automatically open up availability to cater for the date change. You can also do this in Pulse.
- The guest will receive a confirmation email detailing the changes.
What important details do I need to know?
Please take particular notice of the following details:
- Unlike date modifications you make in-stay, for pre-stay modifications you will not be able to change the price or duration of the stay.
- Date modifications will be available on all reservations, however, for reservations where the payment was processed by Booking.com, you will only be able to move the check-in date of the reservation forward from the original check-in date. For all other reservations, you can move the check-in date to any date that has not yet passed.
- For reservations affected by Forced Circumstances, if the dates of the reservation are changed to a period after the cutoff date for Forced Circumstances, the reservation will no longer be subject to FC conditions. The guest’s original cancellation policy will therefore apply.
Availability and eligibility
The functionality is available for all partners. Sign in to the extranet or Pulse to get started.
Please use this feature as it is intended to help your guests change their dates when requested. If a guest receives a date modification that they didn’t request, this may result in the partner not being able to use the feature any longer.