Do I need to add photos when I'm registering?
When you’re registering your property on Booking.com, you’ll need to add at least one photo to get started.
After you’re fully registered and you’ve gone live on the site, you’ll be able to add the rest of your photos, pick a main photo and add photos to your rooms and units.
What kind of photos can I add?
You can take photos of your property on your smartphone or digital camera. Just click on ‘Upload’ to add it to your profile. Remember, the higher the resolution the better, and the minimum resolution we can show on the website is 840 x 460 pixels.
If you see a warning sign
There is an issue with one or more of your photos (click on the sign to read the message). The issue could be:
- The resolution is too low
- The photo is not the correct size
- Duplicates: if you accidentally upload two pictures that are the same, you will see an error message. Delete either the newly uploaded photo (by selecting ‘Dismiss’ on the error message), or the original if you were trying to replace it.
You can change your main photos by dragging and dropping your chosen photo to be the first in the gallery. You can use the same action to rearrange the rest of your photos.
Tips for photo-taking
The larger and higher quality your photos are, the better. Landscape shots show better on the website. Use natural light (and avoid a flash). Take photos from a steady height of around 1.6 metres.
After you’ve registered, you can label (or ‘tag’) your photos in the extranet to show which part of the property they belong to.
Working together with Booking.com
- How do I add a co-host to my property listing?
- What are the benefits of joining Booking.com?
- What will my property page look like on Booking.com?
- What commission do I pay Booking.com and when do I pay it?
- Why is my property not live and bookable by guests?
- Why is my property visible on other websites?
- How does Booking.com work for property owners?
- Step-by-step guidance along your journey with Booking.com
- What are Booking.com’s hospitality standards?
- What’s the Minimal Cleanliness Score Commitment?
- All you need to know about Japan’s Go To Travel campaign
- Partner support from Booking.com
- Taking advantage of our Welcome Back America campaign
- Taking advantage of our Welcome Back to Travel campaign