Using the Partner Community
The Partner Community is a forum where you can share tips, ideas and insights to help fellow partners. You can access the community by logging in to the Partner Hub and clicking Community.
What’s in this article
Personalising your profile
You can add content to your Partner Hub profile to give it a more personal touch. The more detailed your profile, the better an idea other partners have of you. You might consider including your background, hospitality experience, property type, hobbies or other career interests.
Here’s how to personalise your profile:
- Log into the Partner Hub
- Hover over your username then click Edit your profile in the drop-down
- Go to the User details section of your profile
- Add your desired profile name in the Name field
- Upload a photo by expanding the Avatar field
- Add a description of yourself/your property in the Biography field
- If you wish, add a link to your property’s website in the Property link field
- If you’d like to receive notifications by email, check the Receive email notifications box
- Click Save to finalise
Starting a conversation
You can post something in the community to start a conversation with your fellow partners. Here’s how to do that:
- Click Start a conversation
- On the page you’re redirected to, enter your post title, select the topic and write the text in the body space
- If you’d like to add an image to your post, click on the image icon, choose the image file, add a short description of the image and click Save
- If you’d like to add a video to your post, click on the link icon, add the YouTube URL and click Ok
- Adding a hashtag can make it easier for other partners to find your post – do this by clicking the drop-down list and choosing one of the preset hashtags
- Click Post to finalise
Your post will immediately go live on the Partner Community. If there’s another partner’s post you’d like to follow, you can do so by clicking Follow. You’ll receive email notifications whenever there’s any activity on that post.
Responding to a post
To leave a comment on your or another partner’s post, enter your text into the text box and click Save. You can also reply to specific comments by clicking Reply, typing your response and then clicking Save. You can express quick agreement or disagreement by clicking the thumbs-up or thumbs-down icon below a comment or post.
Tagging – you can tag another community member in a post or comment by typing the ‘@’ symbol followed by the username of the person you’d like to include in the discussion. The tagged person will then receive a notification. If their username doesn’t turn blue, then you haven’t correctly tagged them and they won’t be notified.
Following – if there’s a community member whose posts you’re particularly interested in, you can follow them by clicking Follow on their profile.
Hashtags – this feature helps you categorise posts by topic, so partners can find them easily when they search for a particular theme. You’ll see a list of preset hashtags that you can add to your posts.
Earning points and badges
You’ll earn a point each time you create a post or leave a reply on the Partner Community. As you accumulate points, you’ll move up the levels within the community. You can also earn badges for your contributions. You’ll get a notification each time you unlock a badge or reach a new level, and the badge will be added to your profile.
These are the badges you can unlock:
- Conversation Starter – write five posts
- Contributor – write five comments
- Snap – upload your profile picture
- About You – add your property bio to your profile
- Fan – like other partners’ posts five times
- Upvoted – get five likes from fellow partners
- First post – write your first post in the Partner Community
We’ll send you an email notification whenever someone engages with your content – either by commenting or liking/disliking – or if there’s any activity from a user or post that you follow. We’ll also email you if your content is removed due to a breach of guidelines.
Here’s how to edit your notification preferences:
- Log in to the Partner Hub
- Hover over your username
- Click on Edit your profile, then select User details
Uncheck the Receive email notifications box to unsubscribe from all notifications
Working together with Booking.com