What’s the Minimal Cleanliness Score Commitment?
Together with our partners, we strive to create unforgettable experiences for travellers around the world. An important part of this is guaranteeing a certain level of hospitality and hygiene for anyone booking accommodation through our platform. That’s why we’re asking partners to commit to a Minimal Cleanliness Score of 6.0 out of 10.
Why is my cleanliness score important?
Your property’s cleanliness score is an average of the cleanliness review scores you receive from all your guests. It’s an indicator of the comfort you’re providing your guests, which is why we require all our partners to score at least a 6.0 on cleanliness. A property that’s not meeting the desired cleanliness standards will be informed of this and put on a warning list.
The aim of the warning list is to notify and support you in improving your cleanliness score. If your property is put on the list, you’ll see a banner in the extranet inviting you to commit to the Minimal Cleanliness Score.
- If you click ‘I will commit to improving my cleanliness score’, you’ll have until 4 May 2021 to make sure you give guests a better cleanliness experience, and thereby earn better reviews that raise your cleanliness score to a 6.0 or higher.
- If you click ‘I won’t commit to improving my cleanliness score’ on the banner, we’ll remove your property from our platform. This is in accordance with our General Delivery Terms, which give us the right to restrict or suspend properties for repeated poor ratings or reviews.
- If you don’t react at all to the banner in the extranet, your property will be deranked from our search results. This means losing significant visibility to guests, which may result in fewer bookings.
What happens next?
During the six-month probation period, we’ll be monitoring guest feedback for clear proof of cleanliness improvements. Once your new cleanliness score reaches an average of 6.0, we’ll remove your property from the warning list.
If it doesn’t improve to at least 6.0, we’ll remove your property from our platform. We may make an exception if you don’t receive enough reviews in those six months. In that case, we’ll give you an additional grace period of three months if you qualify.
How do I start improving my cleanliness score?
If your property is on the warning list, you’ll need to first commit to our Minimal Cleanliness Score to avoid losing visibility in search results. You can do this via the banner on the extranet.
Once you’ve committed, we’ve got plenty of resources to support you in improving your cleanliness standards and earning higher guest review scores. Here are a few places you can start:
- Download the Blue Fresh Start checklists
The property care experts at Properly have created a custom series of educational checklists – the Blue Fresh Start – based on industry best practices and a study of low cleanliness reviews from guests on our platform. The Blue Fresh Start has more than 20 cleaning checklists – straightforward and actionable guides to improving guests’ experiences.
- Start using Properly
The Properly app can make it simpler and easier for you to improve your cleanliness score. With it you can hire cleaners, provide them with checklists, monitor and verify cleanings through real-time photos, improve billing and management processes and much more.
- Visit the Partner Hub
You can find detailed information on keeping your property safe and clean. We also have additional resources specifically tailored to hygiene during the Coronavirus (COVID-19) pandemic.
Working together with Booking.com
- How do I add a co-host to my property listing?
- What are the benefits of joining Booking.com?
- What will my property page look like on Booking.com?
- What commission do I pay Booking.com and when do I pay it?
- Why is my property not live and bookable by guests?
- Why is my property visible on other websites?
- How does Booking.com work for property owners?
- Step-by-step guidance along your journey with Booking.com
- What are Booking.com’s hospitality standards?
- What’s the Minimal Cleanliness Score Commitment?
- All you need to know about Japan’s Go To Travel campaign
- Partner support from Booking.com
- Taking advantage of our Welcome Back America campaign
- Taking advantage of our Welcome Back to Travel campaign