Stay informed with the latest travel insights, analysis and expertise.
The latest Booking.com developments relevant to your business, while showcasing the great work you do.
Connect online with fellow Booking.com partners for the best tips and advice.
All you need to know to succeed as a Booking.com partner.
Looking for expert advice on making the right decisions for your property? Explore our solutions designed to help you achieve your ambitions.
Find out how to get set up, and read about our services and features.
Hello, I think it all depends on what do are your "negotiables", with this I mean:
- How much time you are willing or want to spend with whatever system you put in place
- How many accommodations you have
- How many channels you want to use
- How much money you want to use for this. etc.
For example, I was using Redforts, that is a really good channel manager and PMS, that does many thing, but still was taking me a lot of time that I prefer using creating more business or relaxing honestly.
So now I changed to Guesty, which is a more complete, so to speak, PMS, apart from the channel manager it also has many more features that really reduces the stress from the workload like :
- unified inbox (BRILLIANT! I don't have to enter Expedia, Airbnb, Booking.com, etc, just one inbox)
- Connected with Stripe so I set when I want to charge the reservations and it does so automatically.
- takes Security deposit automatically
- Sent text automatically like welcome, self check-in, how is everything, please leave us a review, bla bla)
- Can connect with many many integrations like revenue managers that works like Airbnb smart prices but much better, integrations with automatic codes so you don't have to do anything and many other integrations.
For this I pay 3% of my booking, so no fixed cost, if I don't receive any booking I don't pay, if I have fully booked I pay only 3%. For me is completely worth it.
So what I mean is, at the end of the day, you and only you know what do you prefer paying for and be done automatically or if you have all the day for this and prefer moving prices up and down, charge very reservation, validate cards, enter every channel to answer 1 message, etc. Think of what is the thing that bothers you the most to do, and delegate it to a system or to another person, use your time to generate what you are best for and leave simple things or tedious things to a system, at least that is what I do :D
Hope this helps!