Improving your performance
Unlock the power of data-driven learnings and analytics to maximise the revenue potential for your property.
Great job! You've made it to the final stage of your onboarding journey. In this last step, we'll focus on data-driven learnings and analytics. By the end of this section, you'll gain valuable insights into your property's performance through our dashboards and analytics tools. This will help you identify areas of opportunity and grow your business by consistently attracting more bookings through Booking.com.
Grow your business using data
As a leading online travel platform, we have access to valuable data on travel demand and guest behaviour. This data is used to create innovative products, services, and tools that empower you to make informed decisions.
Throughout the previous steps we've introduced you to some of these tools, and now we'll show you where to find the rest so that you can harness the power of data to drive growth for your business.
Access customised recommendations
To boost your performance on Booking.com it’s a great idea to regularly check the Opportunity Centre in your extranet. There you will always find a selection of products and tools you can implement to boost your performance.
The opportunities you see are generated based on your property’s performance in the last 30 days against similar others from your area, and are grouped into the following categories:
- Ranking: How often your property shows up when guests search for dates where you have availability.
- Availability: How often your rooms are available on the dates guests search.
- Length of stay: The average number of room nights guests book at your property.
- Conversion: How often your property page converts from a view to a booking.
- Page views: How often guests click your property from the search results page.
- Average daily rate: The average rate you receive, per room night.
- Cancellations: The monetary value of your cancelled bookings in the last 30 days in proportion to the value of all your bookings in the same period.
- Reduce workload: Where we show advice that can help improve your operational efficiency.
Your customised opportunities
All the opportunities you see are available throughout the year. The Opportunity Centre simply highlights the ones that are currently most impactful for you.
Make use of analytics
As you become more familiar with the tools available to you, the Analytics tab of the extranet can help you make informed decisions on when and how to use them. It provides a range of reports and dashboards that offer valuable insights into local demand, guest behaviour, and your property's performance.
By using this data, you can continuously refine your business strategy. To get started, we recommend exploring the following reports:
- Local Demand Data - Discover valuable insights related to your property's location, including the search window, length of stay, devices used by guests when searching, the top countries where guests are searching from, and the split between domestic and international guests. Please note that this report is only available when enough data has been collected at your property's location to ensure aggregated and anonymised data is shared among direct competitors.
- Pace Report - Track your future bookings and compare your revenue during the same period over multiple years. You can also see how your performance measures up against similar properties and the market in general.
- Sales Statistics - See your year-on-year sales from guests who have stayed at your property, compare your performance against similar properties and the market in general, and identify the most successful rooms and rate plans, and when to offer them.
- Booker Insights - See information on the countries your guests are booking from, their reason for travelling and the devices used. You can use this data to select appropriate rate plans and/or targeted deals to maximise bookings.
- Book Window Information - See how far in advance your guests are booking their stays at your property. You can also check how you compare to your market.
- Cancellation Characteristics - See an overview of the cancellation patterns for your property so you can improve your policies and maximise occupancy.
In addition to these, there are other reports available depending on the tools and programmes you have opted into.
We’d like to congratulate you for reaching the end of your onboarding journey as a Booking.com accommodation partner!
As you wrap up, we encourage you to also look towards the future. Travel and hospitality are constantly evolving, and as your partner, we are fully committed to supporting you every step of the way. We will continue to provide you with the necessary resources and assistance as you put these learnings into practice on Booking.com.
Partners can access Booking.com's analytics and reports to understand travel trends, attract more guests, and improve their property's performance. Reports include booking insights, market demand, and competitor analysis, and can be accessed through the extranet, primarily in the Analytics tab.
The Booking.com Opportunity Centre is a tool that provides personalised recommendations to partners to improve their performance and increase revenue. The tool is available in the extranet and the Pulse app.