Choosing the right Connectivity provider
We understand that you’re always looking for more efficient ways to run your property on multiple platforms. The right technology solution from a Connectivity provider can help you streamline operations and focus on optimising your guests’ experience.
We work with over 600 hospitality technology companies, but how do you know which one is right for you? This page will show you what a Connectivity provider can do for your property.
Why work with a Connectivity provider?
- They get rooms on the right channels – providers ensure you’re connected to important channels and offer distribution solutions.
- They have a pulse on the demand – providers have an array of data available from different vendors to help accommodation perform at its best.
- They know the guest journey is important – providers follow guest trends to learn how to distribute rooms and what technology is required.
Three types of providers
There’s a variety of services available from our Connectivity providers, and you can choose them based on your property’s needs.
A channel manager uses an API to automatically update your availability across multiple platforms.
Property management system (PMS)
A PMS offers more features than a channel manager all in one place, to help you with the daily running of your property.
Property management company
If you don’t want to maintain a channel manager or PMS yourself, a property management company can do it for you.
Choosing your provider
Choosing the right provider depends on your property’s individual needs. We can, however, offer you advice to help you in your decision making. We recommend working with a Premier provider. These providers have been selected for their investment in our partnership, excellence in value and a varied product offering.
Here are some important factors to consider when choosing which provider you want to work with:
- Know what you need – do you want to save time by automating repetitive tasks or do you need a more efficient way to analyse your property’s performance? Perhaps you need something new, like an app to control your property from your phone.
- Think of the future – your technology provider should be solving current problems, but also be able to grow with you.
- Consider the price – there are usually two ways to pay a provider – per month or transaction volume. Some providers offer a trial period, so you can try before you commit.
- Make sure it works – a provider needs to be reliable, have a good connection quality, and not overload your IT team. Consider the days or weeks you’ll need to implement and get used to it, plus if you’ll need new software that may or may not be compatible with your current systems.
- Read the reviews – rely on other users’ experiences to help you work out which provider is right for you, including the performance, support and languages on offer.
How it works
With a Connectivity provider, you’ll be able to manage your properties without logging into the extranet. Here’s a quick summary of some of the features available:
- Promotions – set up a range of deals, as well as promotions for Business Bookers and Country Rates
- Reporting – report invalid credit cards, cancellations, changes to check-out dates and price changes
- Guest reviews – read reviews left by your guests
- Opportunities – get tailored performance advice based on your property
- Content, rates and room management – manage your content, including your property page, rates and room settings