Genius is the most powerful marketing programme for partners on Booking.com. By joining Genius, you’ll amplify your visibility to different groups of travellers who display attractive booking patterns and are less likely to be acquired on any other platform.
Through Genius you’ll drive incremental growth and increase your revenue. And you can do this with broad flexibility and control over how you participate in the programme – by offering different levels of Genius discounts and varying Genius value-adds.
Boost your visibility
We highlight Genius properties with the Genius logo in search results and on their property page. On average, partners who join receive 70% more search result views from Genius travellers. What’s more, 30% of bookings at Genius properties are for non-Genius room types, meaning the visibility boost also benefits your undiscounted rooms.
Genius further boosts visibility through:
- Ranking boosts
- Search filters that allow travellers to see only Genius properties
- Marketing campaign investments from Booking.com (including individual global campaigns, year-round targeted marketing initiatives and communications through email, social media and PR)
After joining Genius, partners see on average:
increase in search result views
Stay in control
You can tailor Genius to your business goals, using traveller insights and other resources to help you optimise your Genius product offering. Monitor your performance and optimise for conversion using insights from the Genius Report. Use different discounts and value-adds to choose who you target and how, and protect your peak dates by pausing Genius for up to 30 days a year.
If you’re not part of Genius, you’ll still see a monthly breakdown of Genius vs. non-Genius bookings with Genius bookings at zero.
Reach unique audiences
75% of Genius bookings come directly on the Booking.com platform, via our strategic partners or through our Booking Holdings sister brands.
This means you’re reaching unique audiences you wouldn't otherwise be able to capture.
Target higher-value travellers
Genius has three levels. Each offers progressively more travel rewards to travellers and more focused targeting to you. At higher levels travellers are less likely to be acquired through other channels, giving you access to progressively more exclusive, higher-value audiences.
On average, Genius travellers:
- Spend 15% more when they book
- Book up to two times further in advance
- Leave 29% more reviews
Meet your Genius travellers
By joining Genius you agree to offer Genius travellers 10% off your least expensive and most popular room type(s). You can choose to offer additional Genius incentives that help you target more exclusive audiences and meet your business needs.
|Genius Level 1||
Any traveller with a Booking.com account
|Genius Level 2||
Travellers with 5 or more completed stays in two years
|Genius Level 3||
Travellers with 15 or more completed stays in two years
Genius Dynamic Pricing optimises the way your discounts are offered, helping to further boost occupancy and increase revenue.
- Powered by machine learning technology: the discount you offer adjusts based on your business needs, whether it’s switching the discount off during periods where we expect you to meet your occupancy targets or switching to more compelling discounts if occupancy goals are not being met.
- Peace of mind: only offer discounts when needed to meet your occupancy target. You can apply blocked dates and opt out at any time.
- Finessed targeting: similar to other discounting options, higher discounts will only be shown to smaller and more exclusive audiences.