The upsides of room upsells
More revenue - and better ADR
Maximising your occupancy across room types while keeping your most in-demand rooms available can help improve your Average Daily Rate (ADR).
No need to set up a special offer. We’ve integrated upselling into the pre-trip experience.
Efficient and risk-free
It all happens behind the scenes, using real-time pricing and availability, with no risk of overbooking.
How it works
- You can be part of the programme by simply making sure you have rooms to upsell. When you have rooms available, we present guests with one or more room upsell offers.
- When a guest accepts an offer, we’ll send you a booking modification. You’ll see it noted as a ‘Paid upgrade’ in your reservation list.
- The lower-priced room is automatically released, ready to be sold again.
- The service is included in the value of the commission, with no additional costs.
Making your upsell offers irresistible
Guests will closely compare their existing booking with features offered in your higher-priced room. Here are some ways to convince them during their moment of decision:
- Special amenities become extra special: If you offer notable views, a hot tub or a balcony, include images of special amenities and choose descriptive tags that indicate the extra value these rooms offer. Move these photos to the front of your photo carousel.
- Do room names reflect room value? If you place the room descriptions next to each other, do the words you use to describe higher-priced rooms indicate a higher tier of quality or a higher level of service?
- Build up from a base of amenities: Your upgrade tier should include everything in the lower tier. If upgrading means they’ll miss out on something they’ve already purchased, they may simply reject the offer.
- Images matter even more for upgrades: We recommend you include at least 4 photos of each room type and at least 1 of the bathroom.