As we start to see travel slowly picking up again, we’ve put together the most important resources and advice to help you turn demand into bookings, safely and confidently. Here you’ll find the newest insights and initiatives.
Join the #Rebuilding conversation in the Partner Community
Find out how to get set up, and read about our services and features.
All of our best solutions, organised by your business needs.
Connect online with fellow Booking.com partners.
Find tips and advice to help you through this time with the hashtag #Rebuilding
Stay informed with the latest Booking.com developments, industry insights and expertise
Growing Together is our ongoing promise to build a stronger era of partnership. Explore our new commitments and the progress we’ve made on our previous ones.
Hello, again! Thanks for your further thoughts.I doubt if we could wait until 6 weeks later. As of now, we haven't had too many issues with credit card bookings, it's more about guest intentions and people who aren't seriously planning to stay here. You know, "Fantasy Shopping"... I was on AirBnB, years ago, at a different property and would likely never go back to them. Issues with AirBnB have led to a lot of legislation here and I've been glad there's a bit of distance between me and them. It may be different where you are, as there is a much longer tradition of BnB type accommodation in the UK and Europe. Over here, the term "BnB' has been used to wriggle around provisions of the Innkeepers Act. AirBnB doesn't have a great reputation, due to all the partying and damage associated with their rentals, but they are working to address that.
Good suggestions. I will think about the option of a refund (or equivalent) option...
Hello, Thanks for your useful tips. One of the reasons I haven't gone full-tilt into the Payments by Booking.com (online payments) is that they won't release the deposit at time of booking but hold all the funds until 2 weeks prior. (Given that our deposit is non-refundable, I am not sure why they cannot set up two VCCs to allow for this...) Waiting for the deposit has played havoc with our cash flow, relative to paying taxes etc. I am monitoring the situation but will take your thoughts under advisement.
Thanks for the very helpful answer. I will re-consider my approach in low season. Have a great year in 2020!
Hello! While I appreciate your reply, I wasn't writing about that.
I was interested in hearing from other hosts as to whether, with a booking that is a month or more in the future and a guest whose initial card declines, whether they actually do go and cancel, or whether they "wait and see".
This was not a question about cancelling bookings. I've done that many times. But we do have the option,even with a credit card decline, to hold off on cancelling. I think this question is best answered by other hosts. Deborah