As we start to see travel slowly picking up again, we’ve put together the most important resources and advice to help you turn demand into bookings, safely and confidently. Here you’ll find the newest insights and initiatives.
Join the #Rebuilding conversation in the Partner Community
Find out how to get set up, and read about our services and features.
All of our best solutions, organised by your business needs.
Connect online with fellow Booking.com partners.
Find tips and advice to help you through this time with the hashtag #Rebuilding
Stay informed with the latest Booking.com developments, industry insights and expertise
Growing Together is our ongoing promise to build a stronger era of partnership. Explore our new commitments and the progress we’ve made on our previous ones.
Did you at least receive an invoice for their commision?
The answer here is to take the bond in the guests currency.
Payments By Booking is by far the simplest option. Yes they do hold the money until the end of the month + 14 days - though they generally pay earlier. Yes AirBnB pays the day after check-in but they're different companies. My only issue with Payments By Booking is the Damage Deposit is not handled through their system.
Some guests are not capable of use the messaging system. Have you tried phoning them?
I don't understand why BDC cannot handle this, of course it's extra work for them, but they handle my payments. I find the damage deposit the most difficult aspect of BDC bookings. Guests just prefer to 'overlook' requests for the damage deposit bank transfer requests and then at best offer to use cash which puts unreasonable pressure on the staff to demand this cash and then face similar demands when the guests leave. If BDC could hold this and then automatically return after 7 days if there is not claim it would be so much easier for the host. I don't see much of a middle man problem for BDC either , once it's clear that this money is the hosts for the period, and only returned by the host/BDC if there is no damage claim/complaint.
If the property is ready and the keys are in the box why would you inconvenience your guests by not letting them check in early. I have only experienced such as situation in hotels where they are busy and cannot check me in early as the rooms are not ready. Otherwise they are always happy to check me in early when the room is ready and waiting me. For them one advantage is that it smooths the flow at their front desk. Remember our competition is often a hotel.
With same day changeovers we would generally meet the guests assuming they are looking to check in as early as possible. If they arrive late would give the necessary codes when make giving them the arrival details. I see little reason not as the keys will only be there once the apartment is ready and cleaned.
Yes the error is still there with no further communication from booking.com
I messaged them and got this response:
"We have received your email regarding the Calendar Synchronization, Please note that we do advice the Partner to re-copy the links every now and then just in case the link has changed however there has been an issue with our Synchronization which our technical team is looking into. Once the issue is resolved, all partners affected will be notified."
So hopefully it'll be be fixed soon, I have been just manually blocking the dates of booking.com reserverions in AirBnB and they get exported to Tripadvisor and Homeaway. Just have to remember to unblock cancellations!