As 2018 draws to an end, so too does the first year of Click. Over the past 12 months we’ve delved into some of the industry’s biggest trending topics, explored challenges and opportunities facing the travel sector, and heard from a host of thought leaders giving us insights on the issues that matter. So, what have been our most popular stories?
1. Evolution of online payments
With eWallet use expected to grow a staggering 28% by 2021, new modes of online payments went under the lens with Booking.com’s Head of Product Marketing, Morten Larsen.
2. Insider tips on boosting your review score
The pursuit of guest satisfaction got Booking.com partners talking on the forum when the 2017 Guest Review Awards were revealed, prompting a Click. crowdsource of top tips on maximising review scores.
3. What I wish I knew: lessons in holiday rentals
From putting the customer first to embracing tech for a seamless journey, Hans van Os of Belvilla Holiday Homes drew on his many years of experience in the travel industry to share invaluable learnings from the holiday rental sector.
4. Five travel trends that will shape customer experience in 2018
Looking to the future, Click. shared five travel trends that were predicted to influence customer journeys in 2018. Find out how some of those fared as we checked back in on their impact earlier this month.
5. Spotlight on: dealing with no shows
A challenge across the industry, the issue of no shows can cause huge frustration for global chains and single property owners alike. Click. shared pearls of wisdom from travel trade specialists on how to deal with last minute cancellations.
6. Rise of the aparthotel
Combining the best of both worlds, the aparthotel has proved a huge success among both leisure and business customers with the extended stay segment now the fastest growing in the US. Click. explored the development of the serviced apartment sector.
7. Travel trends: what 2017 taught us
We reflected on the most hyped trends of 2017 - online personalisation, bleisure and transformative travel - and whether they landed as predicted.
8. Instant bookings in holiday rentals: friend or foe?
In an increasingly on-demand world, the pros and cons of instant bookings were delved into by Thibault Masson, Product Marketing Manager at Booking.com.
9. Achieving marketing success with a limited budget
From understanding your audience to identifying a USP, Big M Marketing’s Co-Founder, Gary Raucher, offered advice on how travel brands could successfully market their business without blowing the budget.
10. Spotlight on: pet-friendly travel
With animal lovers increasingly wanting to bring their four-legged friends on holiday, Click. shared ideas on how hoteliers and property owners can engage with guests looking to travel with their pets.
Looking for more Click. content? Check out our podcast, bringing you further trends and insights
- Click. brings together the brightest minds in travel and tech to inspire, inform and enhance your business
- Since launching in December 2017, we've explored a host of key trends such food and sports tourism, pop-up and scattered hotels, AI and smart tech, sustainability and eco-travel
- We've heard from industry insiders including: Mark van der Heijden, Co-Founder & CEO of Wanderbrief; Swapnil Shinde, Co-Founder & CEO of Mezi; Francesca Smith, Owner of Powder N Shine; and Bruce Poon Tip, Founder of G Adventures
- We've also shared opinions from Booking.com experts such as David Vismans, Carmen Hui, James Waters and Pepijn Rijvers among others