Managing availability through your connectivity provider
Loading enough availability on our platform can help you appear in as many guest searches as possible, which is essential to getting more bookings. It’s good practice to set rates and availability for at least the next two years—or the maximum duration your connectivity provider allows—even if you plan to update them later.
In this article
Updating your availability as a connected partner
If you work with a connectivity provider, you should always use their software to update your property’s availability on our platform. This is because the data from your provider will usually overwrite any changes you make to your availability via the Booking.com Extranet or Pulse calendars.
To ensure potential guests are always seeing up-to-date info, adjust your rooms, rates, prices, and restrictions on your connectivity provider’s platform. If you want to close one of your rooms on Booking.com, you should also do this through your provider’s platform.
Optimizing availability through availability opportunities
The right availability strategy can have a huge impact on your property’s performance on our platform. To help you make the most of your availability, we regularly offer tailored, actionable advice—which we call “opportunities”—that can help boost your property’s visibility. These opportunities are based on info like which dates rooms are open and bookable, and the last dates you have rates and availability loaded for.
You can see opportunities on both the Booking.com Extranet and your connectivity provider’s platform. Just like with updating your availability, make sure you implement opportunities via your provider’s platform and not the Extranet. Read this article to learn more about maximizing availability through opportunities.
Read this article to learn more about how pricing and availability can bring you more business. To learn more about how availability can help you recover from low booking periods, check out this guide.
Working with Connectivity Providers
- Reopening availability using your channel manager if your guest checks out early
- Making sure the Extranet and your channel manager are synced
- Managing rates on your channel manager
- Closing availability on rooms or units when using a channel manager
- Setting up rooms or units on your channel manager
- I work with other OTAs as well as with Booking.com. How can I manage my availability?
- Managing availability through your connectivity provider
- Setting up pricing per guest through your connectivity provider