Configuring notification settings for credit card details
This article will help you set up how you receive your guests’ info via the Extranet so you can easily manage your bookings and minimize delays with payments.
In this article
Deactivating the CVC requirement
Keep in mind that requiring a card verification code (CVC) during the booking process can reduce the number of reservations you get. This is because guests generally prefer to provide as few details as possible when making a booking.
If you don’t require CVCs from guests, contact your channel manager and let them know you no longer want to receive them.
Understanding why you’re not receiving CVCs
There are a number of reasons this can happen. By default, your account settings aren’t configured to require CVCs. This is probably the reason you’re not receiving them if you recently listed your property on our platform. If you need to change these settings, contact us via your Extranet inbox and we’ll update them for you. When you send us a message, select Property Details as the topic of your message and Property Policies (parking, internet, etc.) as the subtopic.
If your account is already set up to send you CVCs, and the reservation wasn’t made using an American Express card, contact your channel manager. They can check to make sure they’re passing on the CVCs they receive from us.
Turning off email notifications about credit card details
These notifications are short reminders for you to check credit card details on the Extranet. If you want to switch these off, ask your channel manager to contact our Connectivity team.
Working with Connectivity Providers
- Reopening availability using your channel manager if your guest checks out early
- Making sure the Extranet and your channel manager are synced
- Managing rates on your channel manager
- Closing availability on rooms or units when using a channel manager
- Setting up rooms or units on your channel manager
- I work with other OTAs as well as with Booking.com. How can I manage my availability?
- Managing availability through your connectivity provider
- Setting up pricing per guest through your connectivity provider
- Understanding pricing per guest models