Reopening availability using your channel manager if your guest checks out early
Some channel managers let you make changes directly in your property management system (PMS), which is linked to our platform. We call this the Reporting API option.
What are APIs?
APIs (Application Programming Interfaces) are a type of software that allows two applications to talk to each other. Every time you use an app like Facebook or check the weather on your mobile device, you’re using an API.
Most property partners who work with us also appear on other online travel agencies (OTAs). When a partner receives a booking via one of those OTAs, APIs allow our platform to interact with the other OTA systems and update the property’s availability across all of them.
What the Reporting API option does
If your channel manager supports this, it will automatically make the room or unit available on our platform again once you record your guest’s early check-out. This means the room or unit will be available for guests to book on our platform again.
To find out whether your channel manager supports the Reporting API, contact them directly.
If this option isn’t available using your channel manager, you can log in to the Extranet to update the reservation details of the guest who checked out early. This will also update your availability on our platform and in your PMS.
Working with Connectivity Providers
- Reopening availability using your channel manager if your guest checks out early
- Making sure the Extranet and your channel manager are synced
- Managing rates on your channel manager
- Closing availability on rooms or units when using a channel manager
- Setting up rooms or units on your channel manager
- I work with other OTAs, as well as Booking.com. How can I manage my availability?
- Managing availability through your connectivity provider
- Setting up Occupancy Based Pricing