Adding promotions through your connectivity provider
Learn how to create and redeem multiple promotions offered via your connectivity provider. Choose which promotions are best for you by checking out details about what each promotion achieves and how to set it up on Booking.com.
In this article
- Setting up deals and promotions through your connectivity solution
- Setting up Early Booker and Last-minute Deals through your connectivity solution
- Setting up Basic Deals through your connectivity solution
- Setting up Country Rates through your connectivity solution
- Setting up Mobile Rates through your connectivity solution
- Combining discounts from different rate plans and promotions
Deals and promotions are a great way to attract customers and boost your bookings. When included in your pricing strategy, they give you the flexibility to offer discounts based on your business needs. You can create different types of promotions:
- Basic Deal – This is the most flexible promotion available and allows you to offer short-term discounts to capture surge in demand or strategic discounts which can run medium or long term.
- Last-minute Deal – This promotion gives last-minute bookers an attractive discount. It helps you attract late-booking travelers throughout the season and can give you a quick occupancy boost when you need it. We recommend setting up Last-minute Deals with a booking window of no more than seven days before check-in.
- Early Booker Deal – This promotion helps you attract travelers who are booking far in advance It’s a great way to secure bookings well in advance of a busier season.
- Country Rates – These are targeted discounts you can offer guests from your markets of choice. They can help you fill your available rooms during low season, since peak travel times differ for each market. Plus, they can help you tap into completely new markets.
Mobile Rates – By activating a Mobile Rate at your property, you can tap into this valuable, expanding traveler segment. All you need to do is offer an exclusive discount of 10% or more for mobile users. Then, a badge will appear next to your property in search results and on your property page. This helps increase your visibility and can improve your conversion rate for mobile bookers.
The Early Booker and Last-minute Deals are flexible promotions that help you attract more guests. Both deals allow you to set discounts, guest stay dates, and booking windows based on your particular needs.
A Basic Deal is a fully flexible promotion, so you can adapt it to your pricing strategy and business needs. That means you can choose the discount amount, the stay dates when the deal applies, and the minimum length of stay.
Attract travelers from countries and regions you want to target by offering Country Rates. Use Country Rates as part of your pricing strategy to attract domestic and international travelers.
Increase bookings from mobile devices by up to 22% by offering special Mobile Rates. Mobile Rates can help you target certain age groups that are more likely to book using mobile devices.
To help you build a successful pricing strategy and maximize your occupancy, we offer a series of pricing products. These are:
- Foundation products – your rate plans and rate plan customizations
- Premium products – the Genius Program, Preferred Partner Program, and targeted rates (Country and Mobile Rates)
- Reactive products – portfolio deals (Basic Deals, Early Booker Deals, and Last-minute Deals)
Sometimes, pricing product discounts combine, meaning a customer can get both discounts. For more info on our pricing products and when to use them, see our Pricing Solutions Portfolio.
Working with Connectivity Providers
- Reopening availability using your channel manager if your guest checks out early
- Making sure the Extranet and your channel manager are synced
- Managing rates on your channel manager
- Closing availability on rooms or units when using a channel manager
- Setting up rooms or units on your channel manager
- I work with other OTAs as well as with Booking.com. How can I manage my availability?
- Managing availability through your connectivity provider
- Setting up pricing per guest through your connectivity provider
- Understanding pricing per guest models