How do I change or disconnect my channel manager?
Note: If the options described below aren’t available to you, please contact us via your Extranet inbox.
With our Quick Switch process, you can switch to a new channel manager without having to take your property offline.
Instead of deactivating your old connection right away, you’ll stay connected until the switch to a new provider is complete. That way you won’t miss out on any potential bookings due to the switch.
To change your channel manager, follow these steps:
- Log in to the Extranet and click Account in the top right-hand corner. Select Connectivity provider from the drop-down menu.
- Click Switch to a new channel manager to start the Quick Switch process to a new provider. Remember that you don’t need to deactivate your old connection.
- On the same page, you can search for and choose one of our selected providers and set up an agreement with them.
- Once you accept the agreement, your new provider will receive an email with your details and connection request. Once they receive it, they’ll start to perform the necessary mapping and configuration. Until the switch process is complete, you’ll stay connected to your old channel manager.
- By default, the connection to your new provider will be automatically completed once they confirm everything is ready. If you’d rather complete the connection manually once your new provider has confirmed everything is ready, just select “Don’t connect me to the provider automatically” and click Save.
- If you chose to complete the connection automatically, you’ll receive a notification in the Extranet inbox once this happens and the connection status will change to active. If you choose to complete the connection manually, you’ll receive an email with a link that you’ll need to click to do this. The old provider connection will then be deactivated and the new one will become active.
- Don’t forget to work with your new provider to refresh your rates and availability on Booking.com.
To disconnect from your current provider without connecting to a new one, follow these steps:
- Log in to the Extranet and click Account in the top-right corner. Select Connectivity provider from the drop-down menu.
- Click Deactivate to cancel the connection to your current provider.
- Once the connection is deactivated, all your previous settings will be reset. You’ll be able to manually manage your Rates & Availability and Bookings again.
Before disconnecting or switching, it’s a good idea to check your agreement with your current provider. You may also need to cancel the connection directly with them.
If you decide later that you’d like to connect to another provider, just follow the steps in this article.
Working with a Channel Manager