Making sure the Extranet and your channel manager are synced
It’s vital that the Extranet and your channel manager are synchronized to ensure both display the most up-to-date info, and to prevent double-bookings. This article explains how to fix any inconsistencies.
What’s in this article
Syncing rates on the Extranet and your channel manager
If you notice a difference between your prices on the Extranet and those on your channel manager, here’s what to do:
- Check if you have a deal set up on that particular rate, which could be the reason for the price difference.
- If your channel manager has a refresh option on their platform, try that. It can take up to five minutes for changes to be processed and synced.
- Check if all your rooms or units and rates are mapped between the Extranet and your property management system (PMS) – some may need a manual update.
If you need further assistance with this, you’ll need to contact your channel manager to action it from their side.
Turning on email notifications for reservations made using a recently set up Genius rate
First, check that all these reservations are for Genius rates.
It’s possible that a reservation hasn’t come through from your channel manager. If this is the case, contact them directly.
If you experience this issue repeatedly, contact our Connectivity team via the Extranet inbox:
- Log in to the Extranet
- Click Inbox and select Booking.com messages from the drop-down menu
- Click See contact options
- Select Property details as the topic and Other as the subtopic
- Click See all contact options , then click Message
- In the text field, explain the issue you’re having in as much detail as possible
- If you have any relevant documents, you can attach those to the message
- Click Send message when you’re finished
Checking if you’re bookable on our platform
When you log in to the Extranet, you’ll see your property’s status next to its name. If it’s not Open/Bookable, contact us via the Extranet inbox by following the steps above.
Otherwise, to check the status of the connection between our platform and your channel manager, follow these steps:
- Log in to the Extranet
- Click Account
- Select Connectivity provider
If everything is set up correctly and your channel manager connection is active, your status should read You currently have an active connection with, followed by the name of your channel manager. From there, follow your channel manager’s instructions on how to sync your PMS with our platform.
If you see the words Waiting for provider confirmation, your channel manager needs to finalize this from their end.
If you need more help, contact your channel manager.
Syncing reservation details on the Extranet and your channel manager
If the number of reserved rooms or units on your PMS is different from the reservation details on the Extranet, contact your channel manager to action this from their end.
If you think your guest has made a mistake, such as selecting the wrong dates or number of rooms, tell them to contact our Customer Service team.
Working with Connectivity Providers
- Reopening availability using your channel manager if your guest checks out early
- Making sure the Extranet and your channel manager are synced
- Managing rates on your channel manager
- Closing availability on rooms or units when using a channel manager
- Setting up rooms or units on your channel manager
- I work with other OTAs as well as with Booking.com. How can I manage my availability?
- Managing availability through your connectivity provider
- Setting up pricing per guest through your connectivity provider