Why do I need to pay commission?
As part of your partnership with Booking.com, you’ll pay commission on reservations made on our website.
Our commission structure is based on the idea that the price you set is what guests should pay. We don't add anything on top so that you can price your property competitively and attract more guests.
Commission, Invoices & Tax
- How do I make sure my commission invoice is accurate?
- What should I do if I paid my invoices but they're still marked "unpaid" on the Extranet?
- My property was auto-closed, but now I've paid my invoice: What happens next?
- How can I compare the commission I pay with the reservations I receive?
- How can I check if my invoice is paid?
- When will my account be charged if I pay by Direct Debit?
- Will I receive a new invoice if my original amount was corrected?
- How can I change the way I pay my invoices to Booking.com?
- How can I pay my invoices?
- How can I change my invoice or banking details?
- Who can I contact with questions about my commission invoice or additional invoices?
- Where can I find the list of reservations included in my invoice?
- Do I need to send my Payment Confirmation after paying my invoice?
- All you need to know about Direct Debit
- How credit notes work