All you need to know about Direct Debit
What is Direct Debit?
A Direct Debit authorizes Booking.com to automatically collect payments from your account when they’re due. You give this authorization by completing a Direct Debit Mandate form. Once authorized, Booking.com can automatically take payments from you.
What are the benefits of Direct Debit?
Direct Debit is the safest and most cost-effective method of paying regular or occasional invoices.
It saves money in transaction costs.
It’s automated, so you don’t need to remember to make payments.
It saves time, since there aren’t forms to complete with every payment.
It’s safe, secure, and leaves no room for human error.
It’s digitalized, with notifications available at all times with debiting amounts and times.
It’s guaranteed, and you’re entitled to refunds for any incorrect debits. If your debit is with a SEPA Direct Debit, the funds can be recovered by your bank up to 8 weeks from the debit date without any reason, and up to 13 months with a legitimate reason.
How to activate Direct Debit
Booking.com accommodation partners can register online for Direct Debit by following the steps below:
Log in to your Booking.com account.
Go to the “Finance” tab and select “Bank details.”
Register online for Direct Debit by clicking the “Set up a Direct Debit” button.
When will my account be charged if I pay via Direct Debit?
After an invoice is issued, we’ll debit your bank account in 14 days. Keep in mind that Direct Debit takes 4 to 5 days to process.
The invoice will appear as paid (in green) on the Extranet after a payment request is sent to your bank.
If the Direct Debit doesn’t go through, the invoice will appear in red (i.e. unpaid) on the Extranet.
Note: If you want to change your bank details, read this article.
Commission, Invoices & Tax
- How do I make sure my commission invoice is accurate?
- Can I manage my invoices using Pulse?
- What should I do if I paid my invoices but they're still marked "unpaid" on the Extranet?
- My property was auto-closed, but now I've paid my invoice: What happens next?
- How can I compare the commission I pay with the reservations I receive?
- How can I check if my invoice is paid?
- When will my account be charged if I pay by Direct Debit?
- Will I receive a new invoice if my original amount was corrected?
- How can I change the way I pay my invoices to Booking.com?
- How can I change my bank details?
- How can I pay my invoices?
- How can I change my invoice or banking details?
- Who can I contact with questions about my commission invoice or additional invoices?
- Where can I find the list of reservations included in my invoice?
- Do I need to send my Payment Confirmation after paying my invoice?
- All you need to know about Direct Debit
- Everything you need to know about credit notes
- Can I dispute the commission I'm charged?
- Do I pay commission if a guest doesn't arrive (no-show)?
- Why do I need to pay commission?
- How do you calculate how much commission I pay every month?
- How much commission do I pay?
- Will I pay commission for double-bookings?
- Do I pay commission on canceled bookings?
- Can Booking.com issue one invoice for all properties in my group account?
- Can I view all invoices in one place if I have multiple properties registered on Booking.com?
- I manage several properties. Can I pay all my invoices at once?
- I manage several different properties. Where can I handle my finances?