Is city tax included in my prices on Booking.com?
Depending on how you choose to set it up (or if you ask our Accommodation Services team to set it up), city tax can be displayed as either included or excluded in the price guests see during the booking process.
You can check your current city tax settings as follows:
- Click on the Property tab on the Extranet.
- Select VAT/Tax/Charges.
- If there's no mention of city tax in your list of charges, it’s assumed to be part of the final price.
Even if this is correct, it’s important to be transparent with guests and tell them what’s included in your prices.
To update how your city tax charges are displayed, our Accommodation Services team needs to first adjust your Extranet settings. You can call them on your local support center number for help.
Commission, Invoices & Tax
- How do I make sure my commission invoice is accurate?
- Can I manage my invoices using Pulse?
- What should I do if I paid my invoices but they're still marked "unpaid" on the Extranet?
- My property was auto-closed, but now I've paid my invoice: What happens next?
- How can I compare the commission I pay with the reservations I receive?
- How can I check if my invoice is paid?
- When will my account be charged if I pay by Direct Debit?
- Will I receive a new invoice if my original amount was corrected?
- How can I change the way I pay my invoices to Booking.com?
- How can I change my bank details?
- How can I pay my invoices?
- How can I change my invoice or banking details?
- Who can I contact with questions about my commission invoice or additional invoices?
- Where can I find the list of reservations included in my invoice?
- Do I need to send my Payment Confirmation after paying my invoice?
- All you need to know about Direct Debit
- Everything you need to know about credit notes
- Can I dispute the commission I'm charged?
- Do I pay commission if a guest doesn't arrive (no-show)?
- Why do I need to pay commission?
- How do you calculate how much commission I pay every month?
- How much commission do I pay?
- Will I pay commission for double-bookings?
- Do I pay commission on canceled bookings?
- Can Booking.com issue one invoice for all properties in my group account?
- Can I view all invoices in one place if I have multiple properties registered on Booking.com?
- I manage several properties. Can I pay all my invoices at once?
- I manage several different properties. Where can I handle my finances?