How can I set up the key pick-up feature?
At the moment, we’re only sharing info about the key pick-up process and location with guests. If you want to show photos to help explain either the process or location, upload them to the Extranet. We’ll test displaying the photos very soon.
Research shows that confusion about key pickup is one of the most common complaints concerning check-in, from both guests and properties.
Prevent these stressful issues by using the Key pick-up feature on the Extranet.
This feature informs guests about how to pick up the keys, and whether your keys are collected on site or at a different address. If the location is hard to explain, you can add photos for extra clarity.
We understand this is sensitive information. That's why we guarantee anything you upload will be stored securely and only shared with your guests.
To enable the Key collection feature, follow these easy steps:
- Log in to the Extranet and click the Property tab.
- Select Policies. Under Other policies, you’ll find a box called Key pick-up.
- Click Edit.
- From the drop-down box's options, select how and where keys can be picked up. You can include an alternative check-in option for back-up, too.
- Use the Preview section to double-check the info entered.
- Remember to click Save changes when finished.
- The info you added will appear on guests' booking confirmations.
Depending on your property type, this feature might not be available to you yet. We're working hard to roll it out for all partners as soon as possible.
Your First Steps with Booking.com