How do I report issues about guest misconduct?
It’s rare that partners have major issues with guests. However, if something serious happens we’re here to support you.
You can report guest misconduct on the Extranet and block the guest in question from booking your property again.
If you have multiple properties listed on Booking.com and you block a guest due to misconduct at one property, they'll also be blocked from all the others. To block a guest for misconduct, follow these steps:
- Click the Reservations tab.
- Select the guest you want to report by clicking their name or reservation number.
- Click Report guest misconduct to the right of the Reservation details section.
- Check one of the misconduct scenarios and write a brief description under Details.
- If you want to block the guest from booking your property in the future, check the box.
- Click Submit report when you’re done.
Important: Only use this feature if the guest’s misconduct matches one of the 7 scenarios provided in the report tool. If the guest was simply a no-show, follow the "Mark As a No-show" procedure. If the guest’s credit card is invalid, follow the "Mark Credit Card as Invalid" procedure.
Guest misconduct can be reported up to 7 days after check-out. Reports can't be made about current guest reservations for future stays.
Your First Steps with Booking.com
- How to receive and use your location verification code
- 5 features that give you more control over your listing
- I’ve already registered. Can I update my property details before I go live?
- Tips on getting your property ready for guests
- Logging in to the Booking.com Extranet
- Why isn't my property page available in all languages?
- Changing your property status to open/bookable
- Setting house rules for vacation rentals
- All you need to know about Risk-Free Reservations
- Risk-Free Reservations: FAQs
- How do I set up or change my check-in and check-out times?
- Can I set specific guest requirements to decide who can book my property?
- How can I set up my house rules clearly for guests?
- How do I report issues about guest misconduct?
- New partner restrictions: Credit cards and prepayments
- How can I set up the key pick-up feature?
- How do I set up policies and payment methods before accepting reservations?
- Where can I find info about a reservation?
- How do I know if a reservation is confirmed?
- How do I know, and what should I do, when I get a booking?
- How do I customize and personalize my host profile on Booking.com?
- Sharing check-in information with guests
- How can I report guest misconduct issues via the Pulse app?
- How do I set up my host profile on Pulse?