How do I set up policies and payment methods before accepting reservations?
To ensure a smooth process with your first reservations, make sure you’ve reviewed your payment and cancellation policies.
You can let guests know what payment methods you accept, be it cash or credit card, through the Extranet. Click the “Property” tab in the Extranet and select “Policies” – there, you will be able to make any relevant changes. Review this article for more information.
You might also want to set up and adjust your own damage deposit or prepayment (a full or partial amount of the reservation cost that must be paid before arrival) preferences. You’ll find simple instructions on how to do this here. Prepayment not available for you yet? Read why in this article.
Your First Steps with Booking.com
- Verifying your property location
- I’ve already registered. Can I update my property details before I go live?
- Tips on getting your property ready for guests
- Logging in to the Booking.com Extranet
- Why isn't my property page available in all languages?
- Changing your property status to open/bookable
- Verifying your property’s location by video upload
- Setting house rules for vacation rentals
- All you need to know about Smart Flex Reservations
- Smart Flex reservations: FAQs
- How do I set up or change my check-in and check-out times?
- How can I set up my house rules clearly for guests?
- How do I report issues about guest misconduct?
- New partner restrictions: Credit cards and prepayments
- How can I set up the key pick-up feature?
- How do I set up policies and payment methods before accepting reservations?
- Checking reservation info
- How do I customize and personalize my host profile on Booking.com?
- Sharing check-in information with guests
- How can I report guest misconduct issues via the Pulse app?
- How do I set up my host profile on Pulse?