How do I set up policies and payment methods before accepting reservations?
To ensure a smooth process with your first reservations, make sure you’ve reviewed your payment and cancellation policies.
You can let guests know what payment methods you accept, be it cash or credit card, through the Extranet. Click the “Property” tab in the Extranet and select “Policies” – there, you will be able to make any relevant changes. Review this article for more information.
Under “Policies” you’ll also be able to review your cancellation terms. If you need more insight into how to set this up, you’ll find step-by-step instructions in this article.
You might also want to set up and adjust your own damage deposit or prepayment (a full or partial amount of the reservation cost that must be paid before arrival) preferences. You’ll find simple instructions on how to do this here. Prepayment not available for you yet? Read why in this article.
Your First Steps with Booking.com
- Verifying your property location
- I’ve already registered. Can I update my property details before I go live?
- Tips on getting your property ready for guests
- Logging in to the Booking.com Extranet
- Why isn't my property page available in all languages?
- Changing your property status to open/bookable
- Verifying your property’s location by video upload
- Creating house rules
- All you need to know about Smart Flex Reservations
- How do I set up or change my check-in and check-out times?
- Reporting guest misconduct
- New partner restrictions: Credit cards and prepayments
- How can I set up the key pick-up feature?
- How do I set up policies and payment methods before accepting reservations?
- Reviewing information on reservations made at your property
- How do I customize and personalize my host profile on Booking.com?
- Sharing check-in information with guests
- Setting up your host profile on Pulse