New partner restrictions: Credit cards and prepayments
If you’re a new partner and your property hasn't been verified by our team yet, you'll temporarily be unable to view guest credit card details. As a result, during this restricted period, you’ll need to request payment directly from guests at check-in. However, you'll still be able to view and charge guest credit cards in cases of no-shows or canceled non-refundable reservations where a fee applies.
Additionally, during this period you won’t be able to set policies for prepayments. We understand this might be an inconvenience, but it’s important for us to first make the necessary checks before guests are asked to pay up front.
We’ve put the temporary No Prepayment restriction in place so we can thoroughly verify new partners, letting guests that book your property through Booking.com feel confident that they'll be staying with trusted, reliable, and verified property partners. We apply this procedure to all new partners.
After the verification process is complete, we look forward to having a long and successful partnership with you for many years to come.
When will this restriction be removed?
The No Prepayment restriction will be lifted after you're verified by one of our teams or after you receive a certain number of stayed reservations and reviews and consistently pay your invoices. For security reasons, we can’t specify the exact number of bookings and reviews required to reach this threshold.
Your First Steps with Booking.com
- How to receive and use your location verification code
- 5 features that give you more control over your listing
- I've already registered. Can I update my property details before I go live?
- Tips on getting your property ready for guests
- Logging in to the Booking.com Extranet
- Why isn't my property page available in all languages?
- Changing your property status to open/bookable
- Setting house rules for vacation rentals
- All you need to know about Risk-Free Reservations
- Risk-Free Reservations: FAQs
- How do I set up or change my check-in and check-out times?
- Can I set specific guest requirements to decide who can book my property?
- How can I set up my house rules clearly for guests?
- How do I report issues about guest misconduct?
- New partner restrictions: Credit cards and prepayments
- How can I set up the key pick-up feature?
- How do I set up policies and payment methods before accepting reservations?
- Where can I find info about a reservation?
- How do I know if a reservation is confirmed?
- How do I know, and what should I do, when I get a booking?
- How do I customize and personalize my host profile on Booking.com?
- Sharing check-in information with guests
- How can I report guest misconduct issues via the Pulse app?
- How do I set up my host profile on Pulse?