New partner restrictions: Credit cards and prepayments
If you’re a new partner and your property hasn’t been verified by our team yet, you’ll temporarily be unable to view guests’ credit card details. During this restricted period, you’ll need to request payments directly from guests at check-in. However, you’ll still be able to view and charge guests’ credit cards in cases of no-shows or canceled non-refundable reservations where a fee applies.
Additionally, you won’t be able to set policies for prepayments during this period. We understand this may be an inconvenience, but it’s important that we make these necessary checks before guests are asked to pay up front.
We’ve put the temporary “No Prepayment” restriction in place so we can verify new partners thoroughly, enabling guests who book your property through Booking.com to feel confident that they’ll be staying with trusted, reliable, and verified property partners. We apply this procedure to all new partners.
Once the verification process is complete, we look forward to having a long and fruitful partnership with you for many years to come.
When will this restriction be removed?
The “No Prepayment” restriction will be lifted after the verification process is completed.
Your First Steps with Booking.com
- Creating house rules
- Setting up check-in and check-out times
- Reporting guest misconduct
- New partner restrictions: Credit cards and prepayments
- How can I set up the key pick-up feature?
- How do I set up policies and payment methods before accepting reservations?
- Reviewing information about reservations made at your property
- Managing guest reservations
- Sharing check-in information with guests