Sharing check-in information with guests
We understand the importance of being able to communicate with your guests before their arrival. Whether it’s because you aren’t able to meet them in person, need to share certain info with them in advance, or any number of other reasons, you need the option to communicate with them ahead of their arrival.
If you want to contact a guest specifically about picking up keys, you can read this article on setting up the key collection feature. Otherwise you have two options for communicating with them ahead of time. It’s best to get in touch as soon as possible because your guests may be traveling or have limited access to their email closer to their check-in date.
In this article
- Log in to the Extranet and click Reservations
- Click the guest’s name or their reservation number
- On the Reservation details page, scroll down to Conversation with guest
- Type your message in the text field, click Templates to select one of your message templates, then click Send
- If you’d prefer to call your guest, you can see their contact number by clicking Show phone number
Message templates are prepared responses that you can quickly send to save yourself the hassle of repeatedly typing the same message for different guests. To create a new template or update an existing one, follow these steps:
- Log in to the Extranet and click Property.
- Click Messaging preferences, then Message templates.
- To create a new template, click Create new template and write your message in the text field that appears. You can also add building blocks with guest details, such as their name and check-in date, which will automatically be filled with the correct information.
- Select the language you wrote the message in, attach any relevant images, then click Continue.
- Give your template a name, select the topic it relates to, then click Save template.
- To update an existing template, select it from the list of templates, edit the message, then click Save template.
Once you set up your template, follow these steps to send a template message to a guest:
- Log in to the Extranet
- Click Inbox, then Guest messages
- Select the message you want to respond to
- Click Templates and select the template you want to use
- Make any edits to the template message, then click Send
Your First Steps with Booking.com
- How to receive and use your location verification code
- I’ve already registered. Can I update my property details before I go live?
- Tips on getting your property ready for guests
- Logging in to the Booking.com Extranet
- Why isn't my property page available in all languages?
- Changing your property status to open/bookable
- Setting house rules for vacation rentals
- All you need to know about Risk-Free Reservations
- Risk-Free Reservations: FAQs
- How do I set up or change my check-in and check-out times?
- How can I set up my house rules clearly for guests?
- How do I report issues about guest misconduct?
- New partner restrictions: Credit cards and prepayments
- How can I set up the key pick-up feature?
- How do I set up policies and payment methods before accepting reservations?
- Checking reservation info
- How do I customize and personalize my host profile on Booking.com?
- Sharing check-in information with guests
- How can I report guest misconduct issues via the Pulse app?
- How do I set up my host profile on Pulse?