How to receive and use your location verification code
When joining Booking.com, you need to confirm your property’s location to make sure guests can easily find it on arrival. We facilitate this by mailing you a letter containing the info you need to complete the process. Once you receive your letter, it only takes 5 minutes to confirm your property location on the Booking.com Extranet.
Note: In exceptional cases where you don’t have access to postal services or immediate access to the property you want to list on Booking.com, contact us so we can facilitate your verification by alternative means.
How to confirm your property’s location online
We’ll mail a letter with a unique verification code to the property address you provided during registration. Depending on your location, it can take up to 25 days (including weekends) for your letter to arrive.
If you’ve received the letter, please enter your code.
If you haven’t received your letter after 25 days, please send us a message.
Tip: To minimise the time it takes to verify your property location, make sure the address you provide is as accurate and detailed as possible and matches the exact property you want to add on Booking.com.
If you want to register multiple properties on Booking.com, each individual location requires its own verification based on its unique address. You can’t register multiple properties under the same address unless they’re home-like properties such as apartments in the same building.
Why location verification is important
We promote your property across multiple search engines and on affiliate websites, so it’s vital that we show guests the correct property location right from the start. This also helps you to manage expectations and provide a positive guest experience.
If your property location remains unverified, your property may be temporarily closed and prevented from receiving new bookings.
In such cases, you can set your property live (or open/bookable) on our website again by following the process outlined above.
Your First Steps with Booking.com
- How to receive and use your location verification code
- 5 features that give you more control over your listing
- I've already registered. Can I update my property details before I go live?
- Tips on getting your property ready for guests
- Logging in to the Booking.com Extranet
- Why isn't my property page available in all languages?
- Changing your property status to open/bookable
- Setting house rules for vacation rentals
- All you need to know about Risk-Free Reservations
- Risk-Free Reservations: FAQs
- How do I set up or change my check-in and check-out times?
- Can I set specific guest requirements to decide who can book my property?
- How can I set up my house rules clearly for guests?
- How do I report issues about guest misconduct?
- New partner restrictions: Credit cards and prepayments
- How can I set up the key pick-up feature?
- How do I set up policies and payment methods before accepting reservations?
- Where can I find info about a reservation?
- How do I know if a reservation is confirmed?
- How do I know, and what should I do, when I get a booking?
- How do I customize and personalize my host profile on Booking.com?
- Sharing check-in information with guests
- How can I report guest misconduct issues via the Pulse app?
- How do I set up my host profile on Pulse?