Search results, ranking, and visibility
The higher your ranking on our platform, the more visible you are to potential guests.
In this article:
Search result ranking
Search result ranking determines where available accommodations are displayed in our search results. These results are based on the unique preferences of the traveler performing the search, which are defined by their search behavior, market dynamics, and a property’s performance. These factors allow us to display properties that suit each traveler’s needs rather than presenting the same properties to everyone searching on our platform.
You can improve your ranking by focusing on these areas:
- Conversion – the percentage of bookings in relation to the number of page views
- Average Daily Rate (ADR) – your average room income per paid occupied room
- Cancellations – the percentage of booked rooms that were canceled in the last 90 days
- Property page score – shows how attractive your property page is by looking at content, pictures, descriptions, and amenities
- Guest Review Score – how past guests rated their stays
The ranking dashboard
The ranking dashboard provides you with data to track and improve your ranking on our platform. You can find the ranking dashboard on the Extranet by clicking Analytics, then Ranking dashboard.
You can check your performance over the last 30, 90, or 365 days in the following areas:
- Search result views – the number of times your property appeared in a search result
- Click-through rate – the percentage of clicks on your property in relation to the number of search result views
- Property page views – the number of times your property page was viewed
- Bookings – the total number of bookings received, including cancellations
- Search Results Score – your property’s performance in search results compared to other properties in your market
Growing Your Business
- Our Property Referral Program explained
- How can I get performance advice for all my properties at once?
- All you need to know about the Visibility Booster
- What's the difference between the Preferred Program and the Visibility Booster?
- The Opportunity Center
- Becoming a Genius partner
- All you need to know about the Preferred Partner Program
- Personalized performance advice – at your fingertips
- What is the Group Opportunity Center?
- Maximizing availability through opportunities
- Setting up products or promotions as a chain property
- All you need to know about Preferred Plus
- Adding a cleaning fee waiver for Genius travelers