Adding a cleaning fee waiver for Genius travelers
As a Genius partner, you have access to promotions that optimize your visibility to select audiences. One such promotion is the Cleaning Fee Waiver opportunity. Our data shows that cleanliness is the top priority for travelers today, which makes the perceived value of cleaning services high. Applying this promotion to your rooms or units can help you stand out to more Genius travelers, increase your bookings, and improve guest satisfaction.
You must be part of the Genius partner program to set up this promotion. Read this article to find out how to join.
In this article
Setting up the cleaning fee waiver promotion
If you choose to offer this promotion, we’ll show Genius Level 2 and 3 travelers your room rate with the cleaning fee waived from the total amount. This offer won’t be visible to other travelers. If cleaning fees are included in your room rate, you won’t be able to offer this promotion.
Follow these steps to set up the cleaning fee waiver promotion:
- Log in to the Extranet.
- Click Opportunities, then click Genius partner program
- Click Value-adds , then click Waive cleaning fee
- You can also pause the offer for a specific period of time in Advanced settings
- Save by clicking Activate promotion
Adding a waivable cleaning fee
Here’s how to add a cleaning fee that can be waived:
- Log in to the Extranet.
- Click Property, then Policies
- Under Additional fees & charges, click Edit
- Click Yes under Alongside the room/apartment rate(s), will guests need to pay any other fees for their reservation?
- Select Cleaning fee from the drop-down menu
- To create a separately charged cleaning fee that can be waived, select No to Is this already part of the room/apartment rate?
- Select the payment type and amount
- Click Save to finalize
Tracking and managing your promotion
You can track the performance of your cleaning fee waiver promotion on the Extranet:
- Log in
- Click Analytics
- Click Genius report
- Click Value-adds
You’ll be able to see upcoming and completed bookings made with the promotion, and also to edit the promotion set-up.
Growing Your Business
- All you need to know about the Partner Referral Program
- How can I get performance advice for all my properties at once?
- All you need to know about the Visibility Booster
- What's the difference between the Preferred Program and the Visibility Booster?
- What's the Opportunity Center?
- Becoming a Genius partner
- All you need to know about the Preferred Partner Program
- Personalized performance advice – at your fingertips
- What is the Group Opportunity Center?
- Maximizing availability through opportunities
- Setting up products or promotions as a chain property
- All you need to know about Preferred Plus
- Adding a cleaning fee waiver for Genius travelers
- All about ranking, search results, and visibility
- How do I analyze my guest review scores?
- Using your Genius Report
- All about the Ranking dashboard
- How do I increase occupancy using the sold-out dates report?
- What is Booking.com Analytics?
- Accessing data to understand travel trends and attract more guests