Becoming a Genius partner
Genius is an exclusive marketing program designed to give eligible partners more exposure on our platform. Joining Genius gives you extra visibility through special tagging, ranking boosts, and various marketing investments from Booking.com. On average, partners who join Genius see an increase of 70% in search result views, 45% in bookings, and 40% in revenue with the cost of the discount accounted for.
To learn more about Genius, visit our Solutions page.
In this article
How to join the Genius program
To join Genius, your property needs to meet three eligibility criteria:
- It’s open and bookable on our platform
- It’s received at least three guest reviews
- It has a review score of at least 7.5 (we may make an exception if the average review score in your area/city is lower than 7.5 and your property’s review score is above that average)
If you meet these criteria, you can sign up for Genius by clicking Opportunities on the Extranet, then selecting Genius partner program.
When you join the program, the 10% Genius discount applies automatically to your least expensive and most popular room type or unit. If your least expensive room is also your best-selling room, the discount will only apply to that one.
How to suspend your Genius discount
As an active partner of the Genius program, you can block out Genius-related discounts and offers for up to 30 days each year. These don’t have to be consecutive days. On your blocked days, all your Genius discounts will be turned off and your regular rates will be available.
Here’s how to suspend your Genius discount:
- Log in to the Extranet
- Click Opportunities, then Genius partner program
- Click Suspend Genius discount
- Click Choose dates and pick the dates on the calendar that you want to suspend the discount for
- Click Suspend dates to confirm
How to opt out of the Genius program
You can opt out of Genius by sending us a message via the Extranet inbox, following these steps:
- Log in to the Extranet
- Click Inbox, then Booking.com messages
- Click See contact options, then Property details and Other
- Click See all contact options, then Message
- In the text field, let us know that you’d like to opt out
- If you have any relevant documents, you can attach them to the message
- Click Send message when you’re finished
Once you opt out, you won’t be eligible to join the program again for six months.
Growing Your Business
- All you need to know about the Partner Referral Program
- How can I get performance advice for all my properties at once?
- All you need to know about the Visibility Booster
- What's the difference between the Preferred Program and the Visibility Booster?
- What's the Opportunity Center?
- Becoming a Genius partner
- All you need to know about the Preferred Partner Program
- Personalized performance advice – at your fingertips
- What is the Group Opportunity Center?
- Maximizing availability through opportunities
- Setting up products or promotions as a chain property
- All you need to know about Preferred Plus
- Adding a cleaning fee waiver for Genius travelers
- All about ranking, search results, and visibility
- How do I analyze my guest review scores?
- Using your Genius Report
- All about the Ranking dashboard
- How do I increase occupancy using the sold-out dates report?
- What is Booking.com Analytics?
- Accessing data to understand travel trends and attract more guests