Becoming a Genius partner
Genius is an exclusive marketing program designed to give our best partners more exposure on our platform. Joining Genius gives you extra visibility through special tagging, ranking boosts, and better visibility in search results on our platform. On average, partners who join Genius increase their bookings by 29% and their revenue by 24%, with the cost of the discount accounted for.
To learn more about Genius, visit our Solutions page.
In this article
How to join the Genius program
To join Genius, your property needs to meet three eligibility criteria:
- It’s open and bookable on our platform
- It’s received at least three guest reviews
- It has a review score of at least 7.5 (we may make an exception if the average review score in your area/city is lower than 7.5 and your property’s review score is above that average)
If you meet these criteria, you can sign up for Genius by clicking Opportunities on the Extranet, then selecting Genius partner program.
When you join the program, the 10% Genius discount applies automatically to your least expensive and most popular room type or unit. If your least expensive room is also your best-selling room, the discount will only apply to that one.
How to suspend your Genius discount
As an active partner of the Genius program, you can choose to block out Genius-related discounts and offers for up to 30 days per year. During these days all your Genius discounts will be turned off and your regular rates will be available. This includes Genius Business discounts – there are no additional or separate block-out days available for Genius Business.
Here’s how to suspend your Genius discount:
- Log in to the Extranet
- Click Opportunities, then Genius partner program
- Click Suspend Genius discount
- Click Choose dates and pick the dates on the calendar that you want to suspend the discount for
- Click Suspend dates to confirm
How to opt out of the Genius program
You can opt out of Genius by sending us a message via the Extranet inbox, following these steps:
- Log in to the Extranet
- Click Inbox, then Booking.com messages
- Click See contact options, then Property details and Other
- Click See all contact options, then Message
- In the text field, let us know that you’d like to opt out
- If you have any relevant documents, you can attach them to the message
- Click Send message when you’re finished
Once you opt out, you won’t be eligible to join the program again for six months.
Growing Your Business
- All you need to know about the Partner Referral Program
- Setting up a Genius Business rate
- How can I get performance advice for all my properties at once?
- All you need to know about the Visibility Booster
- What's the difference between the Preferred Program and the Visibility Booster?
- What's the Opportunity Center?
- Becoming a Genius partner
- All you need to know about the Preferred Partner Program
- How to increase revenue by offering breakfast as an add-on
- Personalized performance advice – at your fingertips
- What is the Group Opportunity Center?
- Setting up products or promotions as a chain property
- All you need to know about ranking, search results, and visibility
- How do I analyze my guest review scores?
- Using your Genius Report
- Getting to know the Visibility Dashboard
- How do I increase occupancy using the sold-out dates report?
- What is Booking.com Analytics?
- New data to help you attract more guests