How to increase revenue by offering breakfast as an add-on
Increase your revenue by selling breakfast as an additional service to guests who've booked their stay without it.Add breakfast now
We know that increasing the average daily rate (ADR) is a common challenge for all partners. That’s where alternative sources of revenue can help. Selling meals as add-ons to your rooms can be an easy way to secure additional revenue, plus the benefit of lower cancellation rates.
According to our research, 61% of guests prefer to book breakfast before they check in. Our data also shows these guests tend to be more committed to their reservation, which leads to fewer cancellations and double-bookings.
To offer a meal as an add-on, follow these steps:
Log in to the Extranet and click the Facilities & Services tab.
Scroll down until you see the Meals section. Go to Do you serve meals? and select Yes.
Enter the price for the meals you want to sell to guests online.
To help you increase your meal sales, we’ll also promote them to guests through email and other channels. If you want to disable this option, just follow the steps above but delete the meal prices instead.
Note: For breakfast and other meal add-ons, the same commission rate applies as for the room reservation (standard commission). Around 15% of the guests who see the breakfast add-on online end up booking it. These guests also have a lower cancellation rate.
If you use a channel manager or PMS and your XML provider doesn’t support add-ons, you can still sell breakfast to your guests through the Booking.com Extranet – just follow the steps above.
Growing Your Business
- All you need to know about the Partner Referral Program
- Setting up a Genius Business rate
- How can I get performance advice for all my properties at once?
- All you need to know about the Visibility Booster
- What's the difference between the Preferred Program and the Visibility Booster?
- What's the Opportunity Center?
- Becoming a Genius partner
- All you need to know about the Preferred Partner Program
- How to increase revenue by offering breakfast as an add-on
- Personalized performance advice – at your fingertips
- What is the Group Opportunity Center?
- Setting up products or promotions as a chain property