5 tips to get more guest reviews
Want to know how to get more reviews from guests? Check out these tips on asking customers for online reviews.Learn how to deliver amazing guest experiences
Guest reviews play a crucial role for both travelers and property owners.
For travelers searching for accommodations, reviews are an independent source of information. They offer insights into previous guests' experiences at your property and showcase its best features – influencing potential guests to book.
For property owners, reviews are a valuable source of feedback that can help you improve future guest experiences.
These aren't the only reasons to encourage guest reviews. Research shows that travelers are more likely to trust a property with 20 reviews rather than another with only 2, which means the number of reviews also matters.
How to get customer reviews on Booking.com
1. Leave a personal note
If you already leave guests a personal note thanking them and wishing them a pleasant stay, add an extra line asking them to share their experience in a guest review after checking out.
2. Ask in a "Welcome pack"
Do you put together a welcome pack for your guests, like a little booklet explaining house rules or tips on local restaurants and activities? If so, that's the perfect place to ask guests to write a review.
3. Leave visual reminders
Physical reminders like stickers or flyers around the property can prompt guests to share feedback in a review.
4. Ask face-to-face
If you (or your staff) handle check-out in person, this is an opportunity to not only thank them for choosing your place, but also find out f they enjoyed their stay and ask them if they'd consider writing a review.
5. Send a personal message after check-out
You can also wait until guests complete their stays before asking them to leave a review. Use the messaging tool on the Extranet to write a personal thank you after check-out, along with asking them to add a review.
Find out how to analyze your guest review scoresWe created a special tool for you
- 5 tips to get more guest reviews
- Where can I see my guest reviews?
- Anonymous reviews on Booking.com
- Responding to a guest review on Pulse
- What are guest reviews and who can write one?
- Can I respond to a guest review?
- How long does a review stay on my page?
- Can I ask for a guest review to be removed?
- What order do guest reviews appear in?
- Everything you need to know about guest reviews
- All you need to know about Guest Insights
- Understanding the value for money score
- Understanding external review scores
- All you need to know about Guest Review Scores